Saw someone with td today

I was at a store today and asked a worker for help with something.

She turned and i felt so sorry for her because she had obvious td

her eyes and mouth were tweaking really bad

i tried so hard to not let her know i new what she was going threw

how would you react to someone you didnt know had td

2 Likes

Not necessarily td. I worked with a lovely lady way back in the day who had tics. Not sure what was what but it wasn’t a mental illness. It could be something entirely different so don’t be quick to judge or diagnose.

4 Likes

your right it could be anything just looked like i use to be sorry didnt mean to offend anybody @rogueone

1 Like

I would react to them just as i would react to a normal person. Treat them with respect and kindness.

Unless there a jerk then im gonna be a rascal :blush::blush:

2 Likes

I had seen two patients who had some movement disorder.

One was an old lady customer in a restaurant. She was with her family. She had facials muscle movements and neck jerks.

Another was a patient refilling his trihexyphenidyl. Don’t know if it was Parkinson’s or extrapyramidals. I felt sad for this person. Because I was taking trihexy back then as well. And doc hadn’t noticed his jerky movements of neck and face.

But who am I to judge competence of doc. Or try to diagnose these people.

One thing I try to do these days with everyone and specifically strangers and new introducees is not trying to help them unless they ask for it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.