Saw my pdoc - have Q's about Welbutrin

So I read a letter to my pdoc - it basically said thanks for helping me to stop trying to kill myself, and I hate to seem unappreciative but could we do something about the negatives. She thinks there’s a possibility that some of my symptoms could be helped if my doses weren’t so high. She also thinks right now isn’t a good time to be reducing my aps because historically I start having a huge upswing in symptoms in October. So for now the plan is for me to keep working on diet, exercise and sleep hygiene and we will look at reducing ap doses come spring.

Another thing we talked about was adding welbutrin to help me quit smoking and maybe (fingers crossed) increase my libido. So I’m starting that in the morning, unless anyone knows a reason to take it at night.

1 Like

Sounds like a plan! Good luck with the smoking! It’s not easy but try to replace the time you have without cigarettes doing something positive like exercise. Best thing I ever did was give up smoking.

Stay positive. It’s rare to give up smoking on your first attempt so no pressure. Just try your best!

It’s interesting you get symptomatic with the calender! I think my schizophrenia is definately cyclic. I’d have a breakdown every 5 years before medicine intervention…and always in the springtime! Must be the time of madness for me!

1 Like

It took me about fifty tries to quit, but I finally did it, and I am so glad I did.

2 Likes

Wellbutrin in the morning because it gives you a flush of energy so it could mess with your sleep. I quit smoking a week after starting with Wellbutrin.

1 Like