Saw a counselor today

Saw my counselor today. First time. First time I told someone about the year before my hospitalization. I told her I could read people’s minds and that I heared voices but did not understand they were voices. I heared other people’s thoughts. She wants to see me again soon. I will also have a family intervension. I will talk to my family about this with help from my counselor. About my major psychotic break and the time before and after. I’ve never had a chance to talk to anyone about it.

I heared on another forum I could have PTSD because of it. I have nightmares about voices tormenting me. I keep my hands over my ears and scream but they won’t be quiet.

Sounds like you’re having a very tough time. Have they tried clozapine yet? It’s very heavy duty, but you sound like you’re having heavy duty problems. Abilify and seroquel aren’t doing the job.

I have tried Zyprexa, Flupentixol, Abilify and Quetiapin.

Might be time to ask them about clozapine. Sorry. It is heavy duty stuff.

Work on slowly opening yourself up, that is the key to really feel it lifting from you.

Need help immediately for voices, and stay on the meds consistently.

I’m so glad you are getting the help you need. Surround yourself with beauty and love,
and don’t let anything take your light away.

1 Like

It appears you have a an excellent counselor, don’t lose her and try her suggestions, I’ve had an assortment of counselors over 15 yrs and one that will listen to you is the rare gem.

3 Likes

good on you for seeing a counselor :heart:
if you were abused…as a kid…you would have ptsd.
take care :alien:

1 Like

**Sorry you are going through this, but you have a good therapist and your family support.
I think you are on the road to feeling better
Much love :yellow_heart: **

2 Likes

I was abused as a kid. I got beaten a lot.

1 Like

so sorry :heartbeat:
hamster :hamster: hug.
take care :alien:

2 Likes

I’m happy for you that you found a good counselor. I have PTSD too, and just having someone to talk openly with about it has been huge for me.

3 Likes