Saved soul

Doesn’t seem too unusual when you look at the statistics. Seems like you’re ostracizing a fundamental value that people share throughout the world. If you’re in charge of moderation, it’s not your job to put down ones beliefs w/yours. I understand the process, but with 84% of the world population having a connection with this I don’t understand the “unusual beliefs” along w/your expressed annoyance of a subject that most end up pondering at some point in their life. Majority end up developing an inner acceptance, peace, and hope on the subject. If this forum is a community of information and support don’t suppress and ostracize forums due to your beliefs. If you have all the answers please share though. Until then let us work together to help one another w/out the feeling of being shamed by a “leader” during our search to find a peace, happiness, and acceptance within ourselves.

By Jennifer Harper The Washington Times - December 23, 2012, 11:05AM
“Worldwide, more than eight-in-ten people identify with a religious group,” says a new comprehensive demographic study of more than 230 countries and territories conducted by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

“There are 5.8 billion religiously affiliated adults and children around the globe, representing 84 percent of the 2010 world population of 6.9 billion,” the analysis states.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2012/dec/23/84-percent-world-population-has-faith-third-are-ch/#ixzz3KEuzbiA6
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The main problem being that the topic is a trigger for many people here who suffer from delusions based on religion. This is the best place to put topics that may trigger people. I agree it is inappropriately named, but you have to work with what you have. Those who think there should be a place for religious discussions should take it up with @SzAdmin (a.k.a. “El Jefe”) as it’s above my pay grade. Pretty much everything is, actually, since I don’t get paid for this. :stuck_out_tongue:

On the day this topic was started we were having a rash of religious threads appearing, so I was trying to sweep them out of the way from the main Diagnosed forum.

For myself, I attend a 12 Step program and I believe in a Higher Power. It’s just not something I share too much here. Lots of other places on the Net where I can discuss it.

Pixel.
(Answering in mod role.)

@MrSquirrel

I understand, but I’ve found it’s the best place to learn how to cope with those triggers. It’s a great community and I’m sure you know how to keep it that way, I just wanted to express my feelings on the post and I understand and thank you for your involvement in the process as a whole. I’m learning to cope with my communication as well. Thanks for your support @MrSquirrel. I’m very passionate about the subject and didn’t understand you’re position on the issue and of course thought the worst. Thanks for the share!

I apologize for the exasperated tone of the post - it was a busy day on my end. We’ve got some moderators traveling this week so I’m taking on a more active role than I normally would. I like to hide in the background.

Pixel.

I appreciate your energy involving this process. I know you have wisdom and your knowledge is needed.

Now if only someone could convince Mrs. Pixel of that…

Heheheheh.

10-96

You can, I’ve noticed how you respond to threads. You’re needed. Constructive criticism is a wonderful tool to experience, review, critique, and progress with. :gift:

Turn to Jesus, confess your sins to him and ask him to save you…That’s just the start. people often do that and leave it there…nope, doesn’t work that way…
It’s just the start of a long spiritual journey for life and beyond…just have faith in Jesus who died for your sins and seek to have him guide you through the Holy Spirit…

Buddha was attempting to convert them…LOL

Actually since Jesus quoted some things Buddha had said previously, we may also assume Jesus disguised himself as Buddha to try and slowly get the Muslim to see things his way, but didn’t want to appear as Jesus himself which is viewed as only a prophet by Islam, because he might be rejected…

Or maybe Buddha was disguised as Jesus haha. :wink: I’m glad being christian works for you. Everyone’s different. For some Islam works great. For some its Hinduism…

I gave christianity a try for many years. I gave it my ALL! I gave Jesus my all. I was a spirit filled christian. Believe me I’ve heard it all, which actually became the problem because knowledge and religion don’t mix well. So knowledge showed me what was happening, and I lost my faith. Sorry it didn’t work for me. Zen Buddhism works best for me. Because it’s not really a religion. It transcends a personal God and avoids dogma. It’s more of a set of tools to help one become more at peace and happy. :slight_smile: