Saved a Little Chipmunk Today

So my dog detected a little animal in my bird netting around my blueberry bush. It was a chimpunk. I had to work at it for about half an hour to cut it free from the netting. I wore gloves, picked it up, and snipped away at it until finally it was free from the netting. It squirmed around and tried to bite me as I was doing this. This makes me feel bad though. The netting seems to be so dangerous for little critters. I hope no more animals get caught in it.

13 Likes

good on you for saving it, now the chipmunk is in awe of you too !! go CarolineC.
take care

1 Like

Do chipmunks eat blueberries?

1 Like

“Saving the world, one chipmunk at a time”.

3 Likes

3 Likes

No, I don’t think chipmunks do eat blueberries. This was just an accident of some sort. He/she just got lost. Anyway, the blueberries aren’t even ripe yet.

No, I’m pretty sure the chipmunk viewed me as an enemy. It kept squirming out of my hand and trying to bite me. As soon as it was free, it took off like lightning.

1 Like

If you save a wookie, they owe you a life debt. Thats why Chewbacca was Han Solo’s buddy.

1 Like

Awesome. I would have saved it too. that bird netting is supposed to just keep animals away from the plants, but often it is a trap. Where I used to live in the 90s we had bird netting over a cherry tree. In the fall when i took it down I found 3 or 4 dead birds caught in it :frowning:Plus, the birds still could get to the cherries that were against the net.
the net wasn’t used the next year and i think we even had less problems with birds eating them…go figure…

I love Chimpmunks

3 Likes

I would have set it free, but not feel as if i saved it, in actuality i would have just sent it into the dark dark forest full of things that want to kill it and rip it apart.

Not if it is a wise Chipmunk and prays to the Epic Chipmunk God