Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

I’m taking a gram a day. Half two times. I feel pretty good… better than before… I have a bit of sz symptoms tho. Not much but a little more present in volume not frequency tho

2 Likes

I started sarcosine again. Day 4. I’ll try to take it for atleast a month

I just bought my sarcosine.

i just got 180 grams
how soon for effects

3 Likes

Im going to give these Brainvitaminz sarcosine a try

im currently on 3mg Risperdal

will post feedback as soon as I have some

1 Like

Conclusions This finding suggests N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor-enhancement therapy can improve the cognitive function of patients with schizophrenia, further indicating this pro-cognitive effect can be primary without improvement in clinical symptoms

1 Like

Sarcosine really works wonders… along with Ltheanine.

I no longer get scifi delusions

I’m on 20 mg Olanzapine + 4 mg Risperidone every night

and

10 mg Selegiline every morning

and

large doses of L-theanine all day

and 5 grams of sarcosine.

I cured my Anxiety with Noopept.

Common POST for L-Theanine and Sarcosine

I’m not experiencing any +ve and -ve symptoms… zero [ +ve and -ve ] symptoms.

1 Like

so it did nothing for me.

The sarcosine is working for my motivation and avolition. It’s just not always consistent. But it really does work and that surprises me.

I stopped taking it for over a week and a half after a couple weeks use. I started getting very unmotivated again.

So started again today. Forgot I took it. An hour later I’m suddenly feeling motivated to do goal oriented activities again.

Kind of a eureka moment for me.

I will continue to give the sarcosine a go.

4 Likes

Gave this to my son for about a week or two. His psychotic symptoms came back. Have stopped giving it to him. Anyone else have this happen? If so, how long does it last?

What dose were you giving him? Did he start slow? Was there anything else going on at the time (in terms of stress, etc.) that might account for his psychotic symptoms coming back?

One question here for me personally, are any of the key ingredients derived from any plants and if so, what plants?

No - I believe that all sarcosine that is sold is manufactured in lab environments. You can read more about it here:

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the info.

Does it help with the positive symptoms too or is it just a supplement for the negatives.

No - I’ve only seen research that indicates its helpful with the negative symptoms:

2 Likes

Interesting, it suggests you need benzoate too.

Benzoate looks interesting - anyone using it?

I have some. Never occurred to me to try it. Will get it cleared with my doctor and give it a try if he okays it.

Pixel.

1 Like