Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

Will my doctor know more than here?

Well, yeah. They have a bit more training than we do. But, hey, if you need advice on the strategic placement of whoopie cushions, well, I’m your guy!

:crazy_face:

He doesn’t know sarcosine I think.

Sure they do. Our bodies all produce it, they know what it is.

I have already talked to my psychiatrist of sarcosine and he didn’t know what it was!

He didn’t know sarcosine when I talked to him .

Then you could ask another doctor, or just make a informed decision on your own, that’s what I mostly do.

Don’t expect someone else to tell you if something is good for you or not on this site. Everything carries a certain risk, but in this case I think the risk is small since sarcosine is a substance that is natural for the body.

If you do try it you must try to pay attention to how you feel, if it’s good for you or not. If you feel something bad that you think is because of the supplement, you stop it.

It’s not a medication, just a supplement, so the risk for adverse effects are a lot less than compared to a medication.

Good luck.

Hello .

I’m afraid of BSE with no vegan sarcosine .

Is it banned also likĂ© other ‘‘preparations’’?

There is anymore BSE and thĂ© brain is completely banned so it’impossible to bĂ© contaminated else with supplĂ©ments likĂ© sarcosine, no?

A website said also there are risk of ataxia respiratory issues ( fatal ) and hypoactivity with rodents but here there are lots of people who take that without these any side effects no?

Can betaine ( Trimetylglycine ) bĂ© better ? Side effects
 There are problems if you have gastric reflux . So I don’t want yo use . What do you think?
Is betaine liké sarcosine in terms off better mood and actions on négative symptÎms?

Hello .

I’m afraid of BSE with no vegan sarcosine .

Is it banned also likĂ© other ‘‘preparations’’?

There is anymore BSE and thĂ© brain is completely banned so it’impossible to bĂ© contaminated else with supplĂ©ments likĂ© sarcosine, no?

A website said also there are risk of ataxia respiratory issues ( fatal ) and hypoactivity with rodents but here there are lots of people who take that without these any side effects no?

Can betaine ( Trimetylglycine ) bĂ© better ? Side effects
 There are problems if you have gastric reflux . So I don’t want yo use . What do you think?
Is betaine liké sarcosine in terms off better mood and actions on négative symptÎms?

You’re allowed to talk to more than one doctor.

I have no idea. I’m not a doctor.

Which effects do you feel with sarcosine ?

Thanks

It’s been a while since I took it, but from what I remember I got a bit more motivation and slightly better libido. No side effects.

If it was a miraculous suppléments , all psychiatrist would prescribe that !
Thé benefits are very modest .

If it was a miraculous suppléments , all psychiatrist would prescribe that !
Thé benefits are very modest .

Most psychiatrists and even gp’s know very little about supplements. They don’t learn about that in medical school. They know mostly about chemical drugs. Supplements are more in the realm of traditional medicine like for example herbalists, naturophats and healthstoreworkers would know about.

Can I get it in Canada?

How many people living with schizophrenia do use sarcosine ?

Is it true that in experiments with rodents it causes ataxia, hypoactivity and fatal respiratory failure?

Thanks.

It sems to have an effect, but is 2000 mg really enough?

Is 2000 mg really enough. It didn’t really work for me until I experimented with 4000. I’m now going to try 3000 a day, which I haven’t yet tried. (I’m stupid like that!) 2023-12-01T00:00:00Z

Welcome @moorestyle.

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@Moonbeam, @Ninjastar, @Bowens and @voithos

If you have not discovered our official forum rules and read them yet, you can find them here. Speaking of rules, one of them is maintaining anonymity for our users. Is your username your real name? If so, we should change it. Just let me know what you’d like to have instead.

Enjoy your stay with us!

1 Like