Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

I just ordered Sarcosine from the ProFrontal online store. Will let you all know how it works.

2 Likes

Did you ever try memantine?

I did, with positive, but not durable results. Also, it made me extremely dizzy. Going to hop on the sarcosine bandwagon once again pretty soon.

Where to buy Sarcosine now that BrainVitaminz is out of stock?

I bought it from Amazon, it gave me headaches and tension so I threw it in the garbage the next day.

1 Like

Thanks for giving updates regularly! Awesome stuff.

I haven’t tried sacrosine (n methyl glycine) yet but tried dmg (dimethyl glycine) and found every effective for reducing negative symptoms. It also improves cognition particularly reduces impulsive behaviors.

1 Like

Buying drugs off the internet like this is just plain stupid.

I take TMG, pharmaceutical grade from a reputable supplement manufacturer, but more for liver/heart health. It’s a related chemical, and I can’t find a reliable/reputable source of sarcosine, so I hope it does something.

1 Like

The Sarcosine from BV is good and I’ve found that it works. I’ve got about a month’s supply left, hope they get their issues sorted soon.

I just get very nervous about these substances, as it could be anything. If it was in a pharmacy I might trust it more

The bodybuilding supplements you find in a Walmart pharm are nearly as sketchy as the crap off of the Net. Just be careful and check the research behind specific brands.

2 Likes

TMG is too stimulating DMG is more balanced.

1 Like

For real? I don’t feel much happening. I just hope it helps metabolism. I do feel large doses of glycine however doing something, but the gastrointestinal side effects discourage me from taking it regularly. Hydrolysed gelatin doesn’t do this, and it contains a lot of it too.

DMG comes in just 125 mg capsule so it won’t have much gastrointestinal issue like that of high dose of glycine alone. The effect i notice is more energy not get much fatigue even if not slept much last night. Cognitively also it improves mood and better thinking ability.

[ The British Journal of Psychiatry, ]
[Volume 217] Issue 5
November 2020 , p. 653

Sarcosine in the management of schizophreniaI
read with interest the editorial in December 2019 on‘Apossible role for sarcosine in the management of schizophrenia’. Professor DavidCurtis did suggest that‘it seems to be universally well toleratedwith an absence of significant side-effects’.1I wonder if addition of sarcosine to medication for schizophrenia is actually safe for every patient. It is well accepted that sarcosine level increases in manycases of carcinoma of the prostate gland. Indeed, it may well be amarker for carcinoma of the prostate.2–4It is thought that this ele-vated level of sarcosine is produced by the prostatic cancer cells.This does not mean that it causes the cancer. However, there are atleast two important studies in the literature that comment on thisissue. Sreekumar et al5inNaturein 2009 found metabolomic profiles delineating a potential role for sarcosine in prostatic cancer progres-sion and Khan et al6inNeoplasiain 2013 found increased alteration of benign prostatic epithelial cells upon the addition of sarcosine toprostatic cells. I wondered therefore if a note of caution should besounded about the use of sarcosine supplement in older men withschizophrenia, especially those with signs of prostatic hypertrophy.Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in males over 70 andthe second most common cause of cancer deaths in men.

Daniel Brennan, Bsc MBBch FRCPsych, Retired Consultant Psychiatrist

Author’s reply
Dr Brennan is quite right to draw attention to the theoretical possi-bility that sarcosine might have unrecognised side-effects along the lines he draws attention to. However, it is worth stating that there is no empirical evidence at all that sarcosine does in fact increase risk of prostatic hypertrophy or carcinoma. This possibility could be investigated using animal studies and in the context of properly resourced, large-scale clinical trials. As sarcosine cannot be patented, these would have to be funded by research councils or charitable bodies since no pharmaceutical company is likely to be interested. At present, the evidence strongly suggests that sarcosine is effective in at least some patients with schizophrenia and is well tolerated and probably safe.

David Curtis, Honorary Professor, University College London, UK.

1 Like
1 Like

Hello, I’m here too for the sarcosine treatment, My order should arrive tomorrow or the day after and I look forward to it. I have permission from my Pschychiatrist. I guess I will eventually post with my findings, for the good of science!

xx

thanks everytone and especially the scAdmin for this wonderful thread

2 Likes

Where na funnk I Kan find dat sarcosine? I been everywhere! All they do is grab me by the hair and tell me "We ain’t tryin’ta sell a G but “We don’t sell that here”. I can’t find spunk anywhere.

So where can we buy it and does it increase dopamine or norepinephrine?