Schizophrenia.com

Sarcosine Reduces Symptoms in Schizophrenia

What I’ve seen is that prostate cancer cells have higher levels of sarcosine - and this was researched as a potential test for prostate cancer.

Importantly:

The authors have not suggested that sarcosine causes prostate cancer but rather have demonstrated quite the opposite—that cancerous (or precancerous) prostate cells cause elevated levels of sarcosine. We would note in passing that the genetic inability to properly eliminate sarcosine (sarcosinemia) is biochemically recognized to occur in humans but is not associated with any recognizable phenotypic abnormality and is not known to be associated with malignancy of any type.

https://cen.acs.org/articles/88/i10/Sarcosine-Risk-Misinterpreted.html

and:

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/854262

There is some suggestions that higher levels of sarcosine could be something that prostate cancer cells can feed off of, so if an older man has prostate cancer (only men have prostates, and cancer typically only happens in older men over the age of 65), he probably shouldn’t take sarcosine.

“Sarcosine levels seemed to control the invasiveness of the [prostate] cancer”

3 Likes

@SzAdmin can you take it on abilify

I reacted quite badly to this
Increased buzz and psychosis and hallucinations
Like a street drug for me
I started on a high dose
2x
And after it happen ed a couple of times I tried the lowest possible dose
My community nurse then researched it and said For Me because of the reaction to the high dose the low dose would not be good either

Not sure if this has been covered yet because this thread is pretty massive but I found this a really good read about sarcosine - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3921092/ (Is two grams too much?) They made some kind of cocktail with other drugs, but what was more interesting to me is that “Dysfunction of glutamatergic transmission is involved in the pathogenesis of schizophrenia, neurodegenerative disorders, and addictions”. I need to learn more about what controls glutametergic transmission, but this really interests me.

Does anyone know if there’s a list of side effects listed? Like something to watch out for? I want to give it a go.

1 Like

From what i read in that article, above 2 grams of it made the person feel agitated, but they were also mixing it with other drugs.

Just ordered 180 grams of Sarcosine from brainvitaminz. Hoping it will help with my negative symptoms, which have been worse lately.

1 Like

i also ordered sarcosine from brainvitaminz 1.5 month ago. did your order come. they send me delay email and after they didnt respond my emails. im waiting about 1.5 mounth and i cant stand my negative symptoms anymore

1 Like

I’m still waiting as well, since my post there April 1st. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and they said they are still waiting for their supply. Seems odd. I might have to cancel and find another place to buy it, but I’ve waited this long. I’m sorry you are having to wait for relief.

1 Like

thank you for respond. i ordered sarcosine from another place too but unfortunately there is no sarcosine in turkey

1 Like

@thomas your brainvitaminz order come? mine is still Unfulfilled

1 Like

I canceled. Ridiculous have to wait that long.

1 Like

i dont understand why cant still solve problem

1 Like