Saint Andrews man shares 'scary' schizophrenia journey, offers hope to others

3 Likes

Ok so no delusions and no hallucinations… how did he receive sz diagnosis?

I had both delusion and hallucinations but no sz dx lol

5 Likes

I’d be happy to loan him mine.

4 Likes

Yeah i wont just loan i will freely transfer the symptom portfolio :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Better throw in a few goats by way of apology.

1 Like

Yeah 3 goats should do it :goat:

1 Like

I don’t want to be the public’s face of schizophrenia so why am I jealous of this guy? He is so “well spoken and put together.” Well maybe because he doesn’t have a serious case on the spectrum of schizophrenia. Sorry to be negative.

5 Likes

thought it was a good story.

1 Like

I’m happy for anyone who recovers, but I’ve gotta say this guy isn’t representative of my journey with the illness.

4 Likes

No neg’s, no positives? He doesn’t have schizophrenia!

3 Likes

So the dude was depressed and dissociated and somehow got an sz diagnosis? Seems sketchy.

4 Likes

It sounds like he used antipsychotics to treat his anxiety. Antipsychotics are sometimes prescribed for anxiety.

3 Likes

I have a mandatory appointment with the doctor next week. If they try to put me on another medication I am going to refuse. If they want me to take it they are going to have to commit me, and I will demand a mental health trial, in which I will bring out every dirty trick they have pulled on me. Maybe they can put me on another med, but by God I will make them pay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.