Sad about weird things

I got sad because I left the charger for my mouse at home. Now I have the mouse with me but can’t use it. I don’t know why this makes me sad. It shouldn’t make me sad because I don’t really need the mouse that much. I also get sad if I lose money, no matter how little, but not if I give it away. I don’t know why losing the equivalent of $1 makes me sad, but it does. I also get sad if things break, even if it’s something I don’t need. I broke a glass that I have like 20 of and they’re ugly, but it still made me sad.

Do you get sad about weird things too?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Sorry, but this made me laugh a bit. Would you be sad to break your ugly glasses on purpose?

I get sad at weird things to. Like remembering a password. Or a cup of coffee that’s not hot enough.

2 Likes

Yup. Any glass lost is a glass I’ll mourn.

3 Likes

Those ugly glasses are very lucky to have you :upside_down:

3 Likes

I do get upset about weird and small things…

I have a hard time getting rid of things…even things I don’t need and haven’t used. giving it away makes me sad.

I also get upset about loosing money…

1 Like

I have a weird sense of responsibility. I think even when I do little things, like breaking a worthless glass, etc., that I take it to heart and feel I’ve failed to be responsible. I feel I’ve let someone down; maybe just myself. Silly though when it’s little things.

1 Like

When there is one (or a few) windmill in a group of a bunch of them that doesn’t work or is down for whatever reason, it has made me cry many times. I don’t know what about it makes me so sad, but it gets me every time.

3 Likes

I get terribly sad about having to throw away broken or worn out things. I feel like I’m betraying it, like it’s done everything for me that a shoe (or whatever) should do, and in the end, rather than caring for it, I’m tossing it away.

4 Likes

I feel that way sometimes, and yet I can’t stand clutter. I accept my cold-heartedness as a necessity to order (must be my German ancestry -joking) However, I love my car and feel bad that it never gets washed. I actually tell my car that I love it and thank it for taking me everywhere, etc. It is a Subaru after all…and I call it “Soobeedoo” :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I get sad about weird things like this store that used to be at the mall that made stuffed animals for you and gave a “birth certificate” for them and one day I found one abandoned with the certificate. Just makes me sad, I guess because if this person cared this little about some thing with things thrown on it to try to elicit attachment, I can only imagine what they’re going to do with their pets, children, or parents when they need to go to a nursing home.

1 Like

We have two Subarus; I have an Outback and my roommate has an Impreza. We call hers “Lil Subie” and sing to it frequently. Wake up, lil Suuubieeee :musical_score:

3 Likes

It seems like almost everyone gets sad about weird things. Nice to know I am not alone. :upside_down:

3 Likes

Omg, I’m so glad I’m not the only one! :grin::heart:️ Mine is a Forester, an older one so it’s a true wagon. It’s dirty and dented and has some broken bits…but at 138,000 miles it’s my baby. :blush:

2 Likes

I was very sad when I found a tiny, 4 week old kitten in the gutter on a very busy truck route, some cheezedick felt the need to end it’s life in a very cruel way, but I happened to come along, and scoop it up an take it home.

…and now she’s almost a year old, happy to be a part of my house with 5 other cats, and should I ever meet that cheezedick responsible for abandoning her,
I will NOT in any way feel the slightest bit sad, as I punch them in the face, and loosen all the teeth in their mouth.

That isn’t weird I don’t think.
sorry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.