Russians to perform very first head transplant

Russians to perform very first head transplant and related video with the link

I’d never donate my head for transplant…

I owe so many people so much money, the guy who got my head would never get a moment’s peace.

4 Likes

I thought this was a joke at first, but they sound serious!

1 Like

This is really interesting to hear because it’s amazing of how far science has come, but am I the only one who’s a little nervous about what the finished product is going to look like? Even still, I hope things go well for this guy.

3 Likes

apparently they are going to use glue to fuse his spine together with the donor body

2 Likes

This gives me the creeps
I never would of thought, not in 50 years at least
What if the body starts rejecting the head like u see in organ transplants

3 Likes

hey I want a new head… this one is noisy as hell…

2 Likes

well this is creepy 2.0… but I do hope the guy gets set up to live a little. A normal life is priceless.

two bodies laying next to each other… the blood system is switched and the heart is started… see how that works… blood flow to the brain secured… head severance after some sedation to prevent the trauma and shock of disconnect from the body…

head less corpse forced to life as the machine it is… the alive corpse left for dead at the disconnect. No going back then… hope the body isn’t rejected.

The mashup of nerves is absurd… the entire bodily system… really? Let alone the neurological coordination the mans brain probably lacks…

I can decide if I want to cry or vomit… but I guess both go hand in hand.

2 Likes

It’s actually an Italian surgeon doing the transplant so your title is misleading, and the surgery is being done on the Russian but not by the Russians.

1 Like

i dont know why the guy cant accept that that is the way he was made and just learn to live with his problems like so many other people with disabilities do,

2 Likes

The guy who will get a hair transplant has a very rare illness and the doctors say that he will die soon, a head transplantation could prevent him from dieing even though I don’t believe that it will work and I think he will die anyway. So yeah, this surgery theoretically can prolong his life

1 Like

This was in a the news awhile ago when they did a head transplant on a monkey that worked. The monkey was out down after.

2 Likes

Werdnig Hoffman disease is something you’re born with. His life isn’t in any great danger. He has been like this his entire life. He is literally signing up for a risky experiment just so he can get out of his wheelchair. Russia must treat their disabled citizens terrible, for this to sound like the more appealing option.

3 Likes

Maybe you shut watch and interview with him that i watched. He’s only doing it because the doctor and he thinks that he won’t live that much longer. Or you think he is silly enough to risk his own life?

1 Like

Would you be able to link the interview? All the research I was able to find said it was very dangerous in infancy, but then settles down.

1 Like

if you want a link to his interview in Russian where he says that he is 30 years old and that people with his illness leave until 20 i can give it to you…so you are wrong saying that his life is not in danger. maybe you can use a web translator to translate it. it is the very last paragraph. He also says that his health is deteriorating

2 Likes

Okay thank you, my mistake. I guess I was poorly informed :blush:

1 Like

I don’t get it. He would keep his own brain, right? They would put his head on another person’s body?

2 Likes

Yes, theywant to put his head onto a new body

1 Like

is it gonna look like frankenstein? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like