Roxanna's hobby thread

@Ninjastar is there a good online source for yarn? I’m also tempted to try crocheting as a hobby. Also do you have a link for crochet hooks for arthiritic hands? I think you mentioned those in another thread recently.

I need and want to do leather craft…love punching the tools into the fresh leather as a boy…will I ever do it though? no…

Look three posts up. The link didn’t shadowbox so I don’t want to copy it again here. I go to my local craft store for yarn, but I kniw a few sites. Do you want high quality yarn or discount yarn?

2 Likes

Have you considered fishing for a hobby?
I recently got into it and I have found it perfectly soothing for my mind, I’m even sleeping better at night instead of seeing monsters when I close my eyes to sleep I just see a red bobber :blush:

2 Likes

High quality yarn.

1 Like

Merino wool is the most prestigous of yarns, very soft, moisture wicking, and warm. Not itchy. Hand-dyed has the most interesting patterns. That said, I mostly do arigurumi, so I stick with acrylic. It is cheaper, and nobody really cares if their stuffed animals are moisture wicking. If you are making clothes, I strongly recommend going into a craft store yourself and feeling the yarn before you buy it. Online, you have to make educated guesses on the quality.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. They have some beautiful yarn colors.

3 Likes

oh this thread cheers me up…glad to see everyone so interested…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.