Roxanna's hobby thread

• Crochet
  • Jewelry

0 voters

Which hobby should I do today?

3 Likes

Wish I knew how to crochet.

1 Like

It’s relaxing. Do you have any hobbies wave?

1 Like

I listen to music once in a while and I like to bird watch.
I used to draw and write poetry.

4 Likes

Did you keep your drawings? Bird watching is neat.

2 Likes

No unfortunately I got rid of most of my artwork.
I had some nice paintings that I did in my 20s too.

2 Likes

I taught myself during quarantine from a series of youtube videos. Would you like me to link them for you? It’s a pretty cheap hobby to maintain. A set of crochet hooks is like $8-12 and yarn can be as cheap as a dollar.

3 Likes

ooo, I used to make jewelry. The only problem was I got cheap stuff from China that rusted. The wire and findings. The beads and stones were ok.

3 Likes

Yes thank you @Ninjastar
Would you link them to me?

3 Likes

I used to make jewelry. It’s a lot of fun. I gave a bracelet that had torqoise stones in it to a lady who really liked it a lot in the hospital.

1 Like

This one can get you started. I recommend getting crochet hooks for arthritis. They have thicker rubber grips, and they hurt my hands less. They’re only like a dollar more than good aluminum crochet hooks. This is the cheapest set on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/YINVA-Ergonomic-Arthritic-Beginners-2mm-10mm/dp/B087RLST6N/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=arthritis+crochet+hooks&qid=1601141533&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTjJKT0hYRzRKM1lBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTg4OTE2MzRRMjdZM1k2NE9LTSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjY1ODE4MjI0UFFDWkhMSTBCMCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=.

3 Likes

Thanks again @Ninjastar! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’ll have to show us your first attempts! Join the crochet world!

3 Likes

This was my first try. It was fun, even though it looked ridiculous

3 Likes

Two hobbies we have

3 Likes

Looking forward to see what you made. :blush:

3 Likes

Lol I don’t know @roxanna
Crocheting seems too complicated for me to manage.

I’ll see

3 Likes

It looks complicated, but once you have the material in your hands, it makes more sense.

3 Likes

Dad and I see yarn for next to nothing at yard sales all the time.

3 Likes

Jewelry sounds cool. I tried my hand at crocheting. I mess around with knitting once in a while. I love how knitted fabric feels. I’m still learning the two stitches but I pull out some yarn here and there. It really makes the time fly too.

Now my hobbies are birding, vinyl records, pipes and cigars, and I am slowly learning biblical languages.

Also trying my hand at ventriloquism too.

1 Like