Rogers was down in Canada

I had no internet, tv or phone for almost 2 days. Any other of you Canadians affected?

6 Likes

I’m not Canadian and obviously wasn’t affected, but just wanted to note that someone posted an article on this the first day it occurred on. I would be bored stiff with no internet myself. I am wholly addicted. Welcome back.

1 Like

Im with telus so i wasnt affected

1 Like

It took down debit systems Canada-wide. Disabled many ATMs nationally, too.

1 Like

I thought initially it might be a cyber attack.

I don’t own a cell phone, but still wasn’t able to post on this forum which was frustrating.

Yeah, I was affected. Sucked. Things still are not working properly.

My landline phone/tv/internet is with Rogers.

My smartphone was still working, I’m with Virgin.

Yes, power outages are no fun. I feel for you, @Patrick

Internet outage. Rogers controls a significant part of the Internet backbone in Eastern Canada.

1 Like

I wasnt affect as I am not with Rogers or Fido their subdivision here.

I heard also here in Quebec that all debit transactions failed as it uses Rogers network. I mean at stores.

Interac failed Canada-wide as Rogers is their primary network provider. It created chaos for the first day of Stampede in Calgary. Vendors couldn’t sell anything as people couldn’t pay using debit. My wife decided we would spend our wedding anniversary shopping and then our bank cards didn’t work. Mastercard worked sporadically. I keep some cash well-hidden in my vehicle so I pulled it out and we were able to cover purchases, but didn’t have enough left for our anniversary dinner last night. Had it tonight instead.

Rogers cost the economy a lot of money all across the country yesterday. There will be fallout.

2 Likes

I had no phone or internet for a day. Its amazing how hard that was given that I just sit staring at the internet when it is working. Sitting and staring without it is hard

1 Like

I forgot you were from Canada! @onepercentoff

1 Like

3 Likes

How many years have you been married, @velociraptor?

Twenty-two, ma’am. You’re supposed to do copper at twenty-two years so we bought an antique copper saute pan as our “us” gift. And I got an antique camera because I’m a ho for antique cameras.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

The covid health hot line defaulted to Rogers this morning. I wonder if this is why their system crashed.

2 Likes