Risperidone withdrawal - The most brutal thing in the world!

Ohhh Malvok, you’re an intelligent man! You know it’s not that simple. I’m going to miss arguing with you if I ever make it out of this ditch.

When you make it out, I’ll be happy for you. You’ll also probably be singing the same tune I do.

3 Likes

you should taper it down instead of cold turkey

1 Like

unfortunately their schooling should be teaching them to think outside the box. maybe its not their fault though i do realize the mind hasnt been cracked yet but the way some of the talk out there ass. two of my psychiatrists kept me on risperdone despite my concerns about gynecomastia, and told me it doesnt happen. three months later i suffer from gynecomastia. thats not a doctor thats a jansen sales rep

they try to say risperdal withdrawal doesnt happen, but it definitely happened with me i was bawling and crying pacing back and forth and two months after im still having problems. risperdal messes with your hormones so at the very least our hormones have to reset after the med

1 Like

I went on medication because I was suicidal, and the medicine caused me brain damage.

Not all psychiatrists are going to be the same - if you dont like your psychiatrist because he is not listening to your needs, maybe its time for a new one. I agree there are a lot of incompetent psychiatrists out there, but they are not all going to be “bad” doctors. I was lucky to find a good psychiatrist who listens to me - it took me a while but I got very lucky.
I am on Risperdal and I do know that it is not free from side effects - it has quite a few - the thing is that it is doing a lot of good for me mentally - I would hate to risk it all by going on a new med, but it looks like I am heading towards that direction - I am going to have a discussion with my doctor about it, in the meantime I am going to go as low as possible on Risperdal, then maybe make a switch to another med - Latuda? or I will remain on a very low dose of Risperdal, Ill see what she says -
I know one thing it is extremely difficult for me to lose weight on Risperdal, this is an issue for me

This is a big issue for me but I’m not sure whether other atypical depots available in the UK are any better.
Switching to an oral med based on past history runs the risk of frequent missed doses due to forgetfulness, and possible negative consequences.

1 Like

I keep hearing good stuff about abilify. I might try that next,maybe you can google it, it supposedly gets rid of the depressed feeling that some, at least myself, get from the antipsychotics

1 Like

I was on Abilify, it helped my depression - I found it to be very activating, but this is me- you may like it, its usually not sedating for many, it wasnt for me - it is weight neutral for a lot of people

Oh. Lol, I guess so, then! I really hadn’t put two and two together

I am going through risperdal withdrawal symptom now,
I hope its withdrawal, not my psychosis comming back, its not severe, but i am trying to understand wats going on with me now. From 2mg to 1.25mg i tollerated very well. Now as i am on 1mg i am having longer and strange withdrawal.

You’re luckier you weren’t on Clozapine. But I’d bet your withdrawal was serious as well.

I’ve been trying to get off Clozapine for 3 years now without success. Total pain in the butt.

1 Like

Lol that video made my day! :smile: