Risperidone (Risperdal)

I take 4 mg daily, and I find it helps with the delusional thinking. A big con for me is the physical feeling of sedation and soreness. My body feels tired all day and causes me to sleep a lot at night.

For me it stops me from running around freaking out over something. I still hear voices and got delusional beliefs. It also makes me very tired and sleepy Throughout the day. I take 3mg right now.

The anxiety may have been due to the 5HT2A antagonism or inverse agonism because inositol likewise causes anxiety (just not as bad) if I take enough of it.

I really liked risperdal. if it wasnā€™t for one tiny side effect my dr didnā€™t like I would definitely go back on it. didnā€™t take away all my symptoms or very many at all but kept me okay

The first medicine I was prescribed was risperidone. I really didnā€™t like it. It made my negative symptoms severe. I was sleeping all day all night. I put weight on and many another, so they prescribed me with aripiprazole.

It doesnā€™t mean it works the same on you. Iā€™m just sharing my experience.

Anyways, itā€™s a very small dose, I was put on 4 mg per day.

My Risperdal is prescribed as needed, so Iā€™ve been off of it for about a month and a half aside from one isolated incident. Iā€™be been doing much better, and my symptoms have drastically lessened, even without the use of my medication. Hopefully this same trend continues for me.

I also use my boyfriendā€™a Wellbutrin occasionally, and I find that it makes me feel much better most days, for whatever reason.

I have pseudohallucinations too, I tend to hear things inside my head rather than outside. I think it is like people who have obsessional neurosis or intrusive thoughts.
I am really interested in this subject, and people take a serotonin antagonist with a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and get completely better, where you would think the two drugs would cancel each other out.

I have risperidone consta injection. Itā€™s very strong to handle I think.

I take Risperdal Consta 37.5 mg injectable every two weeks for psychosis from my sza disorder. Itā€™s a wonder drug for me. I have minimal side effects from it. Only very dry mouth. I am always carrying a thermos of water with me everywhere I go. A lot of people think it is a terrible drug. But, I think it is a lifesaver for me. It gets rid of all of my hallucinations and paranoia and works wonders for me, really.

4 Likes

I just thought Iā€™d let you guys know that if you have pressure in your head or a tightness then you should see a gp about it I was prescribed pizotifen and that got rid of it also Iā€™ve been on risperdal injection for two years and for me itā€™s helped in some ways but also made things worse as It makes me hallucinate and have bad side effects Iā€™m being put on clopixol injection today hopefully it works better than the risperdal Iā€™ve also tried amisulpride but that did nothing

I used to take Risperdal pills, 8 mg a day. It is very effective for psychosis. But now I take Risperdal Consta injections 37.5 mg every two weeks. It has completely eliminated my telepathy, thought broadcasting delusions, paranoia, and hallucinations. It is a very good med.

1 Like

I was taken off Zyprexa and was put on .5mg for three days then 1mg. It made me ā€œdrunkā€ during the day today except my mind was clear compared to alcohol. The voices and images were a little more fleeting but Iā€™ve had clear days without meds. Wave, may I ask are you still on this?

Yes I am still on risperidone.
Why do you ask?

I was just curious if it was still working for you. Iā€™ve seen many people list lots of aps theyā€™ve taken. Good to see someone having one work for a long time.

1 Like

Thanks @tstripe, yes itā€™s working :slightly_smiling_face: