Risperdal withdrawal help needed, cant get to doctor

you might need to ask your doctor for a higher dose. i ended up taking 4mg per day before i got clear headed. be careful because there was a lag for me, im a month off the meds and they are still growing, i dont know when theyll stop. youll know when they grow because you can sometimes feel them growing from pain or pressure in the chest. pretty depressing, stuff.

i hope you can income soon. sorry you have to go through this.

Yeah man Iā€™m on 8 mg a day. If it was going to cut into my symptoms it would have by now. Iā€™m also sorry for you. Psychosis sucks man. Really been a setback for me in my life.

just updating, like i said i am hoping i am helping someone who may google risperdal withdrawal later on because i personally couldnt find very helpful answers on google.

this pic what the breast area looks like still not getting to much better.

my mood is drastically improved is something i can say thing lingering at this point is the tarditive dyskinesia. two days ago woke up by my spin shaking my whole body which was wierd. i get this feeling like there are air bubbles in my forehead and inner ear and its followed by twisting sensation. its like the feeling gets better for a second if if i click my jaw

I have been on a pretty low dose of Risperdal, I am on 2.5 mg currently and plan to lower it as much as I can bare it - with the consent and guidance of my doctor. I am noticing some extra flesh around my chest area - it kind of looks like I was bench pressing. I plan on going as low as possible with Risperdal and if my symptoms flare up, maybe switch to a more metabolic friendlier medication like Latuda? I dont know yet.
@cactustomato from your photos your chest are does not look so bad - it isnt so noticeable really - maybe you can talk to your doctor about switching to a medication that doesnt mess with your prolactin levels as much

once your off from Risperdal prolactin goes down in couple of weeks, you can notice by looking at your areola, if your areola getting smaller than prolactin is going down.

bes safe, supposedly this issue comes from pituatary tumors

i think its gotten like a smidge better, but part of me thinks its just me getting used to them and not feeling so bad instead of them actually getting better, i wish the surgery wasnt so pricey.

usually surgery starts from 4k and up depends how badly it is.

I did some studying on the high prolactin and risperidone. My son was on invega 12 = 6 mg resp. The issue usually starts with doses above above 3 mg. or 6 mg invega. My son come off, was seeing endocrinologist for high prolactin 100+ and had pituitary tumor on mri. He come off I donā€™t blame him. psychiatrist didnā€™t like it because he said all AP cause this. However he failed to acknowledge Risp. is the highest offender.

he probably didnt want to say anything that would lead to a lawsuit. doctors are not just there to help us. part of medical school is quite literally how to best avoid a medical malpractice suit. we arent stupid though we did our own research. i even told both doctors as when i was psychotic i knew about the gynecomastia and did NOt want risperdone and they said its not an issue. they get their most recent training from sale represenatives mostly

was the tumor big? im afraid the prolactin issue will never go away

Well Iā€™m sorry you are dealing with this. My son didnā€™t get breast, mostly because they were monitoring the prolactin. He wasnā€™t feeling good and testing low testosterone, that started the endocrine dr. His dr did say latuda is the only one that is safe, until he clears the tumor. So if we test negative on mri, he will know the risp. caused it because hes taking trileptal only. do you have a back up med?

No the tumor was small and Iā€™m certain his prolactin is already down. He goes back this week. I will let you know. Its been 6 weeks off.

im trying to come off meds altogether ive been off meds for a month and feel like meds are lingering in my system so i cant say if ill get better without meds or not just yet. was the tumor benign? will he definitely need surgery or are you going to just monitor it for now? my biggest issue right now is pardon my frankness orgasm feels blunted still and the head pressure in my forehead/twisting feeling. ive accepted i might need male breast surgery but i couldnt imagine not feeling an orgasm the rest of my life because of a tumor. i also keep wondering if the head pressure comes from the tumor or if its tarditive dyskinesia. csnt get to a doctor until my brain is sharp enough to grt a job

No they were just monitoring, it was that small. His next mri was six months from last one. about 6 weeks ago.

luckily thats all they found and its not something way worse. this kinda of surgery you can die from so hopefully it doesnt continue to grow most people get seizures after brain surgery for the rest of their lives

Yes, it was benign and because of the location, and high prolactin test, that is what they were watching for. Most likely hormone causedā€¦ Do you have ObamaCare? you should qualify for that without an income

is obamacare free? my mom said she couldnt afford obama care and i have zero income so i doubt i could afford snything id its not free i cant get it yet

It should be free if you have no income. Do you have alot of income from household? I wish I knew more about the head pressure, but all in all your chest doesnā€™t look bad.

Is it possible you are having withdrawal symptoms? Did you have head pressure before you stopped? On obamacare are you in US?