🗯⁉1️⃣2️⃣ Say Anything the Twelfth 1️⃣2️⃣🗣📣

Hi @Nomad, the book I got is “Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners.”

It’s a very rudimentary coding book, which is what I need.

I’ll have to look into the Python Crash Course book though.

Thank you for the video and info. :slight_smile: :v:

1 Like

You want to learn how to program not just the language. Python is the best language to learn right now because it’s popular and easy. Python is used in the top CS courses. Saying that, I recommend "Guttag, John. Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python: With Application to Understanding Data Second Edition. MIT Press, 2016. ISBN: 9780262529624". It might be a great second book to have on Python. You’ll learn a lot about python but mostly computation like algorithms and problem solving techniques. Remember, CS is applied mathematics. If you’re interested, make sure you get the most recent edition. It’s used in their free online class as well as at MIT. Also look into CS50 from Harvard. They go over several languages not just python. It might be a good class to take down the road.

From Harvard’s Website:

Students who earn a satisfactory score on 9 problem sets (i.e., programming assignments) and a final project will receive a certificate from HarvardX. This is a self-paced course–you may take CS50x on your own schedule.

What you’ll learn:
A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
Familiarity in a number of languages, including C, PHP, and JavaScript plus SQL, CSS, and HTML
How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience
How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers

3 Likes

I bought from Zara two dresses, two tops, I bought new journals and a very cute watermelon red camisole.

I am searching for an online image of a black leather dress I bought. I can not find it.

But damn! I will rock that when I lose some more weight. It is black and short in leather and has emerald green embroidery. It looks like lingerie basically but it isn’t

2 Likes

Just got accepted for a job at a high school where you just accompany a sped student to different classes and make sure they do their work. This sounds easy enough right? I might try substituting a few days a week and doing this job other days of the week to see which is better. Or… Idk just wait to substitute teach…? Right now I know that I am passionate about teaching and programming and art so I want to get involved more in these areas. I am a little depressed my last job didn’t work out, and am frustrated by my lack of progress… Idk I am waiting at my mom’s work place without a laptop to study or a sketchbook to draw… Feeling like I’m wasting time…

3 Likes

Still have no idea what was going on.

My therapist lives down the street and she said there have been a lot of break ins lately, maybe its somehow connected.

On an unrelated note,

I ate two cupcakes and a xanex,

I’m so nervous about tomorrow I could cry.

4 Likes

@insidemind is right , learning to program is the whole key to programming. This is a book I just got on Kindle and can recommend: https://goo.gl/JK1A51

1 Like

Don’t think about it too much. You have given birth to a baby! why are you afraid of this!
It should be a piece of cake. You can do it. Think positive, this procedure will help you a lot.

2 Likes

You’re going to be fine, though it certainly is perfectly normal to be nervous in this situation. Just think of the new jubblies, as @anon84763962 called them :joy: . It will be over and done with before you know it, and you will feel better for having gotten it done.

3 Likes

Found a job being a freelance writer for a magazine on America and Japan. Will apply to this.

1 Like

I really have to make some food. I have no appetite.

I ate a salad at 4:00 pm and a vegan smoothie at 6 am. That’s all I ate today.

I have to eat to take meds.

Made it through a rough night last night, Wednesdays are always rough for me. I was so tired this morning, but I got a good sleep in today.

3 Likes

Yes, you need to get some food in you, something with more substance to it than a salad or a smoothie. You went vegan? Sorry, I guess I forgot, haven’t been on the forum as much lately to keep up with stuff.

1 Like

Yeah I am officially a vegan. I prefer vegan food and I am happy about it. I just spent the day out so when I came home, there was no food.

I will make something in 10 minutes.

Hope you are well!

2 Likes

I’m doing ok. I’m wearing myself a little thin working two jobs, but I will be fine. In a couple weeks I’ll get a week off from my teaching job (spring break), so that will be nice.

1 Like

I am anxiously waiting for spring. I need some time in nature honestly. This isolation at home is starting to get a little ugly. I want to go out, have fun in the sun and go for walks.

1 Like
2 Likes

i got news that im approved for this state tuition waiver thatll pay my college tuition!!! im so excited

8 Likes

Hope every one is well.

:pray:t3::two_hearts:

1 Like