Schizophrenia.com

Ridiculous mental fatigue

At 11:30 am this morning, someone—who is knowledgeable about fitness—called me (a diabetes counsellor asked him to help), and we did a phone meeting, and talked about how to increase my training properly. He was friendly, and I didn’t think I felt that nervous about it as it was happening, but I’ve been totally mentally drained from 12 pm to 4:50 pm (right now). Maybe the thought of exercising more regularly is eating me up. I don’t know…oh, and something else happened before the meeting, and it was stressful but I don’t want to talk about it here. Maybe I just didn’t sleep well last night. There was a big noisy-as-heck lightening storm. I only woke up once though…

Do things like this tire other people out so completely? I just want to sleep right now, but I know I’ll wake up at 11 pm if I do that, so I’m fighting to stay awake. :yawning_face:

Bonus complaint: I feel this gnawing hunger even after eating.

2 Likes

I had to deal with a workman doing stuff today. He was only here for about an hour. And I’ve been feeling drained all day.

3 Likes

Hammering and drilling drives me up the wall. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I feel ya, on the mental fatigue.

I honestly have to ask my husband to sometimes make phone calls for me (like to the doctor’s office or some random business I need to contact). Like, the amount of mental energy it takes to talk to a stranger on the phone is just exhausting!! I can’t do it, sometimes. But Hubby is nice enough to help me out.

I normally try to do chores, around the house, when Hubby is working (I don’t work anymore). But the last few days, I am just drained. The thought of cleaning up / tidying up is just… I can’t do it…

Hang in there. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I have been having fatigue in the evenings for about two weeks. @Cloudy you expressed it well. I know from the past that it will get better in a while.

1 Like

Caffeine pills have been helping somewhat with both mental and physical fatigue lately. I am in the same boat as you as far as diabetes is concerned. I also suspect I still have a vitamin D deficiency that contributes. And then there is of course the negative symptoms of sz to consider.

1 Like

I used to drink a lot of black tea (orange pekoe 4 x a day), but I felt so nervous and wired that I removed it. I felt more relaxed without it—but a lot sleepier! :yawning_face:

1 Like

Chores are hard. I have to settle for doing only a part of a room one day, and the rest over the following days.

1 Like