Ridiculous extravagances

I’m all for treating myself once in awhile. My friend bought an ounce of Russian caviar for $250. Now that I find ridiculous

2 Likes

A few weeks ago, we bought a giant (extra wide) computer monitor from Costco. It was about $500 USD after taxes! Whoo-wee!!

It’s cool, though. I like it.

2 Likes

Basic marketing psychology, sadly. They play on your fear of missing out even when it’s something you don’t need.

Cheers on the truffles, everyone should experience this every so often. Just wish it wasn’t so horribly expensive. I go for this every few years. I guess my recent extravagance was buying a huge chunk of beef to cut my own rib steaks. I spent $200, but it lets me cut 2 inch thick steaks for $7 each versus paying $17 for a 1 inch thick steak at retail prices.

4 Likes

I bought a ridiculous expensive bottle of 20 years old Armagnac.

I have to admit, it tasted like the angels singing, but I was broke the rest of the month.

2 Likes

Nothing because I don’t have a lot of money, but I would like to buy this gaming chair.

2 Likes

My extravagant purchases lately have been $43. per week Spanish language tutoring. Also $90 per month (that includes tip) full body massages.

2 Likes

Spent $89 on a Bob Ross paint set. Hah! I guess that’s me. I’m into everything.

3 Likes

Indeed.

1 Like

I went overboard with how much I spent on paintbrushes.

Too ashamed to mention prices.

Will get cheaper ones when they wear out.

2 Likes

$1400 TV. My whole 2nd stimulus check.

3 Likes

Omg! You really hurt my feelings.

Jk!

Skunks love when we get a little olfactory revenge. But we don’t harm squirrels. :thinking: Wait a second that ship has sailed.

:rainbow:

I decided to take a small poster I’ve had for a while in to get framed. Then my wife be like WHAT ABOUT THIS AND THIS AND THIS AND THIS THAT WE HAVE?!?

Now the framing bill is gonna suck. My ship has definitely sailed.

1 Like

Ugh! I hear you. Framing is spendy. Got my non useful college diploma framed. It ain’t be worth it.

2 Likes

This made me laugh too hard.

I feel that pain, deep.

2 Likes

My upcoming extravagent purchase is going to be a nice restaurant amd a fancy BnB for our anniversary.

3 Likes

Hi Ninja. How’s Starlet and Ninjago been? BnB sounds like fun. Enjoy!

1 Like

Been good! Ninjago just got a newer, better job. Starlet has a friend sleeping over tonight.

1 Like

I bought this iphone 12 six months ago for $850. I had four people at AT&T tell me flat out that I was getting it for $150. I should have known better but it took three months before AT&T told me the real truth. Oh well, live and learn.

3 Likes

I worked for that shitty company many years ago in their call center. No wonder customers were always so mad. We told them such BS. Ugh!

1 Like

Spent too much money on underwear
And 2 pairs of shoes

1 Like