Reversing brain damage in schizophrenia

Hello I want to start a discussion.
Do you know a method to drastically improve brain function in schizophrenia?
I feel like the cognitive damage done to me by schizophrenia is destroying my life.
Do you know methods to bring yourself up from awful cognition to 100 percent cognition,
or at least bring about a significant improvement?

3 Likes

It takes takes time i suppose lot of cognitive enhancing med are on the pipe line…

1 Like

something that may offer hope in the future…

3 Likes

Physical exercises help with cognitive functions.

5 Likes

@brugluiz I am physically very well(exercise at high level) but cognition awful.
So exercise not enough in many cases, with all due respect.

3 Likes

When will they find the root cause of negative symptoms…worried…hi my girl erez…

2 Likes

@far_cry0 I am a boy, I don’t like being referred to as a girl.

4 Likes

No u are a adult man…soory my boyfriend…sup…??

4 Likes

Good article …thanks for sharing…

1 Like

You can try with a mind map game.

1 Like

Maybe sarcosine help you. Once I went to cognitive training but it helped me in nothing. Yeah, I think just sarcosine may help.

Try reading books as well.

3 Likes

I saw a speech therapist for cognitive rehabilitation, and that helped a lot. She also recommended that I do brain training games, such as lumosity. Crossword puzzles, math puzzles, sudoku, and logic puzzles are all good ways to reverse brain damage.

5 Likes

I’m doing neurofeedback.
Done close to 30 sessions of it so far.
Your brain literally repairs itself.

3 Likes

Fish oil and NAC will help with that

2 Likes

Lucid dreaming= increased brain activity= change in brain waves= increased blood flow

Do they really reverse brain damage or they only slow it?

My pdoc told me to do crosswords. But I’d rather read books than do crosswords. I think both stimulate the brain.

1 Like

I just came across an article which speculates that a certain plant extract could regenerate damaged axons.
Not sure if this holds any relevance for schizophrenia, but here it is:

2 Likes

We are 20+ years away from a better treatment for this disease. Most of us will be in our golden years by that point. They say that catching the disease before it progresses in its early stages is more practical then curing it because the cognitive damage has already been done.

1 Like

They can reverse it. I used to be in pretty bad shape before my cognitive rehab.

5 Likes