Reusable bags

NY is banning single use plastic bags by 2020 so I am trying to get into using reuseables. Today my husband bought me 3 huge ones with cats!

12 Likes

I have reusable bags in my trunk but always forget to bring them in to the store

I’m going to have to remember. I can bag the stuff at the car if i forget.

I think that’s pretty cool. I’m not much of a save-the-planet guy but they are bad for the environment. I think the reusable ones are a good idea. The only thing is i keep the plastic ones and re-use them.

3 Likes

Tractor supply company has got quality giant ones for like a dollar. We use them and it’s so much easier than single use bags, because everything goes in one trip.

3 Likes

We have been operating without bags for months now. You can buy them otherwise you bring your own. Cats?? I’m totally down with that!!!

3 Likes

I have reusable bags I keep in my car.

They still use so much plastic though.
Bananas wrapped in plastic :open_mouth:but they were so cheap I bought them anyway.

Otherwise I try to be more of a environmentally friendly consumer.
I hope to improve myself though.

I want to buy reusable fruit and vegetable bags too.
Take with me when I do the grocery shopping.

That was a good gift you got.
And with :cat: on.

2 Likes

Those sound nice. Post a picture?

Mt tablet doesnt take good pics. Hard to use.

Yeah they are trying to do that here as well. I need to get some reusable bags myself. When I was in Maryland last year they charged 5 cents per plastic bag. I’m sure as a way to try to stop people from using them.

Where I live plastic bags ate illegal except for exemptions I don’t know why.

Paper bags went from 5 cents to 25.

2 Likes

The city where I love had banned single use plastic bags. I love my reusable bags. I pack them to the brim and can usually get a whole weeks worth of groceries in just 2-3 bags.

1 Like

We’ve had single use plastic bags banned for a while now. After a while it becomes second nature to bring your own reusable bags. You can fit a lot more stuff in the reusable bags and they’re stronger than plastic or paper bags.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.