Returning to myself

My little trip with psychosis has taught me some lesson in general about who i am and my limitation with certain lifestyles i was living by and still kinda do live by. For me i was a pretty focus individual who would strive to look for the best results. Now im returning to that individual but at the same time im learning to let go of stuff i cant change. Thats something i needed to learn because now i dont stress as much when it comes to certain factors like is this illness ever going to subside. A lesson that i will forever keep in mind from psychosis and my mothers passing is that the things you cant change you learn to live with. I pretty much dont have voices any more but that thought of them coming back will always stick with me but it doesnt scare me anymore. Now if i can just get over boredom at work my voices will never be able to bother me again. But for the most part skating again and trying to get back into school, id say im on my way back to returning to my old self. Did you ever feel u lost yourself when sz kicked in? If u always had it do you feel being sz is who u are?

2 Likes

I am not this body and mind. These are passing clouds-thoughts on the empty sky of consciousness. I was obsessed with schizophrenia. Now not so much. I have accepted it and have moved on

2 Likes

I feel like I’m getting back to my old self. Since taking 1 gram of Piracetam a day for less than a week, my voices have gone from a constant quiet mumble to dead silent for extended periods.

Also my head pain is improving steadily with Glutathione supplementation.

I feel like I can beat this disorder.

2 Likes

I never know what to do with myself as I feel like my brain has been knocked so off kilter in some way, nothing sticks if you know what I mean, I’m plagued by an unhealthy desire for any given moment to (in itself) resolve.

1 Like

I felt like I did. I definitely now at least don’t see sz as my identity. I used to though. Now I think it’s just something I have to live with.

1 Like

astoundingly well put.

1. no, i was put on my path for a reason. that’s life. though i tend to deal with things differently than most people. when i was in the part where most people struggle to accept it or not i was more focused on what does this mean and how it will look from anywhere from the next few months to the duration of my life. i got insight and purpose from ignoring the social confusion of it.

2. it’s not who you are as in defining everything about you. it’s just one part of who you are and not you as a whole. it’s like which zodiac sign you are, coke or pepsi, xbox or playstation, chicken or beef, skate board or roller blades. it’s just one part of who you are, how you understand yourself in this world and how you interact with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.