Restauraunts

Once I was starving and I had no money. So me and a friend went to a nearby Mexican Restaurant. I don’t know about other parts of the country but where I am in California, almost all the Mexican Restaurants bring you a free basket of Tortilla chips and salsa while you are waiting to place your order. And they bring you as many as you want. So me and my friend scarfed down a few baskets of chips and dip and when the waitress came to take our order, we told her an emergency had come up and we had to leave. Unfortunately she saw right through us and knew what we were doing. It was a pretty awkward and embarrassing experience to go through just for some free chips.

2 Likes

Hey, you did what you had to do. It may have been immoral but at least it was not illegal

1 Like

I have never done anything like that. But back in 1994 when I was a management consultant in America I often drove from Atlanta to Evergreen, Alabama and once I went to Waffle House and ordered and ate the meal. The problem was that I had only my credit card with me and I had thought I could use it, so a waitress saw the situation, me offering my credit card in a nice business suit, and she told that I did not have to pay. She was nice and this made me happy. Next time I remembered to have some cash when I visited the same Waffle House.

And gave a big tip I hope!

Of course I did. It took some four hours always me to drive from Atlanta to Evergreen, I may have speeded often, but I have never got a traffic ticket, except when I was in Lisbon, Portugal once and one ‘Nelson’ promised to look after the rental car, but he never did. It was an effort to find a Portugease police station to pay this parking ticket.

Funny thing about Evergreen, Alabama is that it is a very small place, but still I met some people at the bar of the hotel where I stayed. Once one older man in his 60s came and talked to me, and somehow I did not show respect toward him and he started talking how he had been a member of the Gambino crime family and he almost started fighting with me, but then a younger man in his 20s came and calmed him down, I suppose he was a part of the same group. Interesting people.