Research Update: Tackling Schizophrenia’s Most Debilitating Symptoms

3 Likes

Recently, our researchers used gene technology to identify several mechanisms in the brain that are not targeted by current schizophrenia treatments but are part of the underlying disease biology. With this knowledge, our researchers have been able to conduct research using gene-modified mice with the same DNA-mutations found in schizophrenia patients. This breakthrough could point us to new targets.

To that end, last year we formed a research partnership with Vanderbilt University to explore novel approaches to treating schizophrenia. For example, the partnership is examining ways to address the issue of having too much dopamine in the brain by reducing dopamine release. This would represent a different approach compared with existing treatments that primarily focus on blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain.

Wondering how that Vanderbilt drug is doing.

1 Like

yes we need excellent drug for negative and cognitive symptoms… they have to focus on discovering new med that target negative and cognitive symptoms…

5 Likes

@far_cry0. How are you? I haven’t seen you on the forum in ages.

1 Like
1 Like

Welcome back @far_cry0. Hope you’re doing well.

1 Like

@Moonbeam @Fellowman was up guys… i am doing okay… i could not refill my med today… thats why i am still awake…

moon beam lots of love sis… i miss u a lot…

wish i could meet u anytime…!!

uncle fellow man hope u having a good day… these days i am lil busy on facebook.!! guys lots of love from nepal…!!!

3 Likes