Replacing paper with digital files

I’ve recently bought an iPad Air and the Apple Pencil with it. The pencil has just arrived, I’m really excited now haha

Anybody tried replacing note taking and general paper work with digital files like scans of documents and things?

That is what I am trying to start to do. Hopefully really declutter !

1 Like

Yes I always scan as pdfs on the iPad or phone using pdf scanner apps.

1 Like

I work in the insurance industry. Most of our workflow is paperless except for mailing out insurance liability pink cards to vehicle owners. Even that is moving towards sending eSlips to eWallets. The ones fighting us on this are all over age sixty.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think it’ll make the room so much tidier and nicer.

I have just cleared up my room and I want to keep it nicely arranged!

1 Like

That’s the goal, I feel it’s more fun to arrange and work with everything in a digital format because it is tidier,

Going through reams of paper documents like for health, is a nuisance.

I can understand the elderly not wanting paperless but even they get the hang of apps after a few trials

You haven’t met my mother-in-law. She phones in a panic every time she closes the Web browser on her computer and then I have to go in through Chrome Remote Desktop to reopen it for her. This has been going on for years.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I laughed aloud at this, I don’t know if I should laugh or cry for you :joy::rofl:

I use notepad on my phone and pc. Data is synced on Microsoft and Google servers linked to my email. Its awesome.

1 Like

Oh gods, I remember walking my mom through finding and installing messengers. And other stuff. Thankfully she knew basics.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Haha, that makes me even more excited

1 Like

Yea you never lose your notes even if you lose your cellphone or if your PC break.

1 Like

I use an iPad I bought off eBay for showing customers materials to choose from, and also use my website as a portfolio

The only problem I found is there are no drawing apps I can find that do everything I want for drawing garden designs and take measurements.

Have tried 4 of them, and each one does something I like, but they’re not all in one app!

2 Likes

Would something like SketchUp work for you @Joker? It’s free! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will download and have a look - thanks :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to find it - there is Sketchup Viewer, but not the actual app

Well, sh!t - it looks like all the good stuff is now on subscription. Damnit. Here’s the link anyway:

I will see if I can do a trial. If I like it might pay - depends how much!

Need a decent one, and I think all the free ones are pretty limited

Thanks for letting me know about this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.