Remastered my song and some thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/jonjames1/down-for-the-count-remastered

I’m reading this Taoist book and it’s really changed my life. I really am living for the now, now, and just enjoying life. I don’t know if it’ll last forever, but the Taoist book i’m reading is really allowing me to be happy and just go flow with life naturally…

So I make this song in pure enjoyment. I would always have crazy thoughts like “I’ll become successful in 4 years” but that just drove me to misery. Now I’m making this song because it makes me HAPPY, and NOW. And I just enjoy it. Whatever will be will be. Maybe in 10 years I could become an underground musician or a writer or something, but whatever will be will be, and I think I have a better chance of being successful if I just live by the Taoist philosophy. And just go with the flow. Man do I love that book. It’s literally changed my life. Hope you enjoy the song!

2 Likes

“I’m ramblin but I’m scramblin” Dude this is why I hate rap, the words make no sense. Just random words put together because they rhyme.

everyone has different tastes

my favorite rap song right now

“my mind just like a calico”

I might give this “living for now” a bit of a go. Thinking about the future isn’t healthy for me right now. Also when I look back, I was happiest (and ironically most successful) when I didn’t have any plans.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I can say how I feel about this idea in depth. David Mitchell’s thoughts gives me a good laugh though about it.

I don’t got any qualms with it but… eh it’s too much to say.

1 Like

I feel this book does a good job of making it sound effortless as it should sound because that’s the whole point.

And the book enstills happiness just by reading it. I don’t think it’s meant to be taken 100% literally more metaphorically.

1 Like

Jon???

You’re pulling at straws.

Don’t go into the thinking you can’t do.

That’s great you like Taoism so much and it speaks to you. You might want to check out the Tao of Pooh. I read it when I was 18 and really liked it. There’s one on Piglet too. I’m a Buddhist myself and the sect of it I practice brings me a lot of peace. It’s a religion that fits how I see the world.

That’s impressive you make your own music. Sorry I don’t care too much for rap. I have written my own songs in the past and played them on my guitar. I have a 12 string that sounds like angels singing. I wrote my boyfriend a song and played it on that guitar, he loved it.

You sound happy. I’m glad to hear that. :sunny:

1 Like

At age 47 I’ve read a lot

I think I read Dao of pooh

Nothing stayed with me

1 Like

Don’t worry I’m not expecting a like.

Go like yourself if it means that much