Religious Delusions of reference

Everyday something weird happens to me that has to do with my fear of going to hell because the voices told me I am. Like today the trainer at my lab made a joke and called the organism yeast from hell. Since I’d been scared all day of hell I took it to be another sign I am going to hell.

I’m so sick of all these coincidences driving me crazy. Does anyone else have Delusions of reference/ coincidences that agree with your strange belief?

I really hope they are wrong and that I’m not really going to hell

When we’re in a heightened sense of being, every little thread that feeds our delusions becomes more significant than the wider picture

I used to get this a lot.

After I came out of the delusional phase, things got a lot better.

Hope you are just having a phase of suffering this also, as I know how distracting and destructive this can be

Just have to work out a way to eliminate delusions from your mind.

I kept using my inner voice to put them down, and eventually I by complete accident seemed to train my brain out of accepting this distorted information as fact

It took me a long time, but was worth the effort

Don’t feed the monster

but there’s hope. Pergatory.

until everything is forgiven, then straight to heaven.

you’ll be alright.

I think you are experiencing psychosis with these coincidences that make you afraid of going to hell.

well, yes, and no.

people sitting on death row might feel this way too.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.