Relaxation Technique

Okay, here is something that has helped me a great deal. It’s just a simple relaxation technique/ mindfulness practice.

Get comfortable lying down, I find that is the best. But you can do it seated or standing any way you wish.

Start by tightening every muscle in your body. Clench your jaw, squint your eyes, flex your shoulders and your back, your buttocks, stomach, thighs, calves feet. Tense every muscle in your body. Hold it for 10 seconds or whatever feels comfortable, and release it. Shake out your arms and legs and let the stress go. Take several deep, deep breaths and let the energy flow.

Repeat this as many times as it takes to cause a shift from beta to alpha waves in your brain. You’ll feel the shift

Cheers

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this I think I’ll try it. Also try contrast showers for relaxation stress and anxiety relief which are simply 30 seconds warm 30 seconds cold 30 seconds cool 30 seconds hot temperature when taking shower.

1 Like

@FreedomNow that sounds like a very interesting technique. I think I’ll try that tomorrow. I used to take cold showers when I was younger, just a toughen up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.