Relative with psychosis coming round

Have left the house. The intention isn’t mean but I cant stand her talking to mum like that … She has no insight so refuses help … Plus puts me under stress … No one will be home to open the door …

4 Likes

Does she talk badly to your mom? I wouldn’t want her around either. It’s sad that she doesn’t get the help she needs. But you have to consider your own mental health, too.

4 Likes

The day before I had said I’m going out to theatre with mum. However nan went to hospital so got cancelled.

My uncle texts me in the bathroom that’s she’s insisting to visit. She basically wanted to see if we were there.

My gran was home though and when she came she checked all rooms to see if we were there.

2 Likes

She sounds intrusive.

1 Like

I suspect some kind of paranoia and delusions making her do it but I can’t let it effect me

2 Likes

Could be. And you’re right, you can’t let it affect you. If she doesn’t want the help she needs, there’s not much you can do about it.

1 Like

I think the first step would be to accept and understand she’s got a problem. Right now everyone around her is the problem

2 Likes

Oh really? Do they not encourage her to get help?

1 Like

My uncles tried. But she knows how to argue. She’s against meds from start

2 Likes

That’s too bad. But, like i said, you really can’t make her get help if she doesn’t want it. Unless she’s a danger to herself or other people. I don’t know how the laws are where you are.

1 Like

Is she open about her illness? Do you know her diagnosis?

Her DX is schizophrenia but she’s not accepting of it. Nothing is wrong with her

Oh ok I understand

Must be genetic.

Not really as she’s not blood related to me

Lol then she’s not a relative. A family friend perhaps.

My dad’s brother’s wife.

Oh. Guess that kinda counts.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.