Rehabilitation for adults with complex psychosis (UK)

In this guideline, ‘complex psychosis’ refers to a primary diagnosis of a psychotic illness (this includes schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, psychotic depression, delusional disorders and schizoaffective disorder) with severe and treatment-resistant symptoms of psychosis and functional impairment.

People with complex psychosis usually also have 1 or more of the following:

• cognitive impairments associated with their psychosis
  • coexisting mental health conditions (including substance misuse)
  • pre-existing neurodevelopmental disorders, such as autism spectrum disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
  • physical health problems, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease or pulmonary conditions.

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng181/chapter/Recommendations#who-should-be-offered-rehabilitation

My old pdoc used the NICE guidelines to fight for treatment for me from psychology, as they were not interested.

He did me a massive favour doing that for me, and he told me he did this.

I really like this doctor. I knew him for 16 years

Miss him so much, but his replacement seems ok, but not met face to face yet.

I would qualify for Rehab on those terms, but I seriously doubt the ability of the NHS trust where I live to fulfil this guidance

I think if I was treatment resistant I would, as I have ASD. The failure of mental health services in Essex to acknowledge the Asperger’s, from 1992-2017, resulting in substandard treatment.

I think meds have worked enough to say I’m not tx resistant, but also there hasn’t been a full or near full recovery.