Reducing AP dose

I can’t stand the choking that started happening after going from 4 to 6mg risperidone. I choke on food, water and saliva, I even choke when sleeping waking up unable breath for up to a minute. I feel like I got brain damage for not breathing for up to a minute, I really felt like dying for the first time in my life. I am going to reduce to 5mg today and call my Dr to let him know.

7 Likes

If I still have choking problems on 5mg, I will go down to 4mg.

2 Likes

Hope your doing better🤗

1 Like

Hope your swallowing sorts itself out on a lower dose. And I hope you stay stable. Lowering my dose of Invega didn’t work out for me.

1 Like

I would suggest food intake, then meds.

1 Like

You have to take action into your own hands sometimes.

I hope your reduction works out!

1 Like

It was scary last night, I couldn’t breath for like a minute, I tried calling my parents but I couldn’t talk because I was choking, I couldn’t move either, I thought I was going to die from a lack of oxygen.

It seems like a lot of people on the forum have been having swallowing related issues lately.

Yes, please do. They may need to make changes soon.

1 Like

Perhaps switch the AP all together.

1 Like

It was hard to find Risperidone. All the others gave me bad side effects, akathisia, nausea, insomnia, positive symptoms, etc Last time I saw a Dr, she suggested Clozapine.

Doing fine on 5mg so far, down from 6. Was able to sleep well no choking, no more choking in the morning either which I used to have on 6mg.

4 Likes

No schizophrenia symptoms or anger issues either so far!

3 Likes

I think it was a necessary move on your part @Aziz

3 Likes

Still doing good at 5mg. I will stay on 5mg. I am tempted to go down to 4mg but will give it more time first.

2 Likes

How was your Dr when you told them you’ve reduced? Are your parents being supportive?

1 Like

My Dr wants me back to his prescribed dose of 3mg. I told him to raise it to 6mg to reduce my anger issues. Its my gp who increased the dose, my pdoc was surprised and asked me why I requested to up the dose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.