Recovery rate of schizophrenia

It’s board wide questions for anyone who can offer their thoughts on the matter. It wasn’t meant to be intellectually taxing though maybe it is .

1 Like

Phil always tells me to fight schizophrenia with will power

like he did when he has already had cancer

train my brain, and my thoughts, go after it

you told me they quit drinking on their own

I think some things are unexplained phenomenon.

3 Likes

I like facts and numbers. They are easy. The why’s and how’s are the tough parts.

1 Like

I would caution from using the study as a credible source. The sample size of the study is beyond small and the sampling error is likely extremely high. I have no touched my statistics in a while. For a sample to have any relevance, the smallest sample size should be 30. This study only has 23.

i like recovery stars better, i think you all should have a 1-1 with your nurse and work on recovery stars for a better outcome, focus on areas where you might need to improve,

i have done one although its in dire need of an update, i’d like to do it again and its good to see yourself develop and improve over time, chart your achievements and map where you might need to improve.

This study is good because it looks at multiple studies, some with longer terms and lots of people: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/ijcp.13094

Also you may want to look up “the vermont study”. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3591991/?i=2&from=/3591992/related

1 Like

can i chart my illness on a spectrum? i’d like to see where we all are on a spectrum in contrast to each other considering all of our symptoms, i’d like to see if there are any similarities with people here, i think it would be interesting to find out.

@Moonbeam why doesnt @SzAdmin do some research on us anonymously like maybe a questionnaire or a survey about schizophrenia and our symptoms, i think it would be great to compare with other members if there was similarities.

I think i remember doing something on the old forum and we got paid in amazon vouchers.

I wouldn’t even know how to chart mine

I don’t want to participate.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the worst case scenario type thing, it would be totally voluntary, lol

isnt there a site where you can make a survey for free?

1 Like

There’s SurveyMonkey.

Sorry, Daze, I didn’t get what you mean.

Thank you, Helen! I found this same answer as well.

I think that when we deal with scientific research and statistics, recovery should be defined by the researchers.

1 Like

Yeah I would use that term complete recovery loosely. You never feel the way you did before the illness.

Speak for yourself. Some people recover totally.

3 Likes

You feel emotions? You have a normal libido? You have a significant other? You work full Time? You have a lot of friends? Up to par with other people who don’t have mental illness?

it’s not important for me to reach recovery

I don’t just decide that, as a schizophrenic

I need the scientific data for the introduction.

Yes to all of these. Some people recover.

3 Likes

I feel emotions. I have normal libido. I work full time. I make more money than the average person.

4 Likes

I’ve always had hope that I’d recover from reading stuff like this, since the onset was only 4 years ago. I started with several delusions and they’ve fallen away one by one. My family all tells me I’m a lot better than I was a couple years ago, but I can’t see it. I still feel lousy.

1 Like

Can anyone expand on what social disruption means within a psychiatric setting?