Recipes For Big Families

My mom is gonna be out of town for a few weeks and I was wondering if you guys had any big family recipes that I could use! We have 7 people at the house most of the time, so it’d have to be something affordable and filling!

1 Like

Spaghetti with meat sauce
Chili

Chicken Enchiladas: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-chicken-enchiladas/

Hamburgers and hot dogs with potato salad
Most soups are economical

Pasta is really cheap. So is rice.

I would say spaghetti or lasagna. :cow2::cow2::cow2:

Lentil soup!!! It’s my favorite and it’s delicious and cheap and doesn’t have a real recipe to follow, it’s all to taste so you can adjust whatever.

Lentils
Sweet potatoes (chunks)
Carrots (roughly same size as SP)
Sausage
Peas (add at the very end)
Garlic
Salt
Onion
Cumin
Chili powder

Simmer until everything is cooked (20ish minutes) serve with a dollop of sour cream.

1 Like

Do you like tuna casserole? I have a recipe that yields a ton of it. My husband and his friends love it.

I’d love that! Everyone at the house loves tuna.

Ok. Hang on while I get my recipe

It calls for 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar. I use 2 cups of regular sharp cheddar since it tastes better that way. She uses almond milk and I use 2% cows milk. I use more Panko than her on top of the casserole and I spray Pam on top before putting it in the oven to make the Panko crunchier.

thank you so much! It looks great!

1 Like

This soup is good and is for 6 people. With garlic bread and salad it’ll easily feed way more

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.