Recently prescribed to a low dose of Seroquel

I have been taking seroquel on and off for more then a week now but whenever I take it I feel really dead inside, I have uncontrollable bursts of anger and I forget very simple things (worse then usual) and I also have become suicidal which is definitely because of the drug because it isn’t normal for me. I want to stop taking seroquel but I’m afraid my doctor won’t prescribe me to anything else due to my history of refusing to take drugs (due to me being paranoid). It has taken an affect on me with utter laziness and a planned death. I don’t know what to do and I don’t know who else to talk to…

There’s a difference between refusing “just because” and refusing because it’s giving you unwanted symptoms. I would recommend you try talking to your doctor about the symptoms that are arising, so the doctor can know how you react to those meds, as well as meds similar to them.

I’m sorry this is happening to you. I hope things work out -hugs-

1 Like

Suicidal ideation is a deal breaker. Your doctor should understand this.

1 Like

Thanks! I guess I’m just afraid of her saying that nothings wrong and then just prescribing me to a higher dosage.

Seroquel was just awful for me it made me sedated and made me have a psychotic break. However, that was just me someone else might have a different experience with Seroquel. It’s a miracle drug for some and a nightmare for others.

1 Like