Reasons To Be Sad thread

This thread is where you can air your sad feelings. I’ll start.

I had a productive day today. However, my mind was just not in it. I was thinking about some bad things that happened to me socially in the past, I went to a family party and felt lonely after I left, then to top it off I recalled how I’m afraid to go back to school. Whether that’s social related or not I don’t know.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Well what makes me sad sometimes is how my life changed for the worst. I had a job, was going to college, had friends, I was a nice outgoing person and then suddenly one day changed forever. The loneliness gets to me too. I haven’t been in a relationship in years. Also my physical health deteriorated, gained a bunch of weight and my confidence suffered greatly. Over the years I’ve learned that dwelling on these things does not help. If I had motivation I’m sure I could improve my life, sadly when I’m on meds I have a total lack of motivation. Pixel and 77nick77 remind me that there is still a chance to improve. I’m trying little by little, one day at a time.

2 Likes

i remember when i was in college, I was striving for a challenging degree. ended up dropping out because I had weak to no relationship with the professors, tutors, and students.

I still regret dropping out because a degree would’ve been helpful. it’s hard to get a job here without one.

1 Like

I felt anxious today because my friends were trying to get in touch with me to hang out but I was ignoring them because I’m anxious.

1 Like

I can find an unlimited amount of reasons to be sad and it’s all I can think about when I’m depressed. Actually when I’m depressed I also think of all the reasons I have to be happy, which ironically just makes me feel worse because then I also feel guilty for being so depressed.

Most of the time nowadays I’m just sad about the past, and sad about how years of mental illness has changed me.

1 Like