Really tempted to go for a Pint

Here is the main AA Intergroup list of online meetings:

http://aa-intergroup.org/directory.php

3 Likes

Well I slipped in April after 2 years, 8 months sober, and I regret it. My new AA sobriety date is 05/12/2019. I didnā€™t stop with just one drink.

1 Like

Thanks for all the replys. Took percy along the beach (yes its a harness i use), so its not round his neck. Quite amusing the looks i got with a cat on a lead lol. He had a couple of young childen come up to pet him, and i had to explain why he only had three legs :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No i didnt drink - thank god. Didnt even buy alcohol free shandy. Just bought a double expresso and fish and chips. The outdoors did me good. Knackerd poor percy out - so i carryed him home. And he had a bit of the fish without the batter on. Slept for 13 hours as well. My boys still dozing.

Yes i used to soley be a Guiness Drinker - trouble is i could down 10 no problem. No Good.

3 Likes

Try and still spend the money on beer, but instead save it. You will be able to go out and treat yourself doing other things instead that may make you feel less isolated.

Beer isnā€™t cheap!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great @Naarai. Well done staying away from the pub and spending quality time with Percy.

3 Likes

Ive spent some of what ive saved on fibre-broadband for the PC, and and external 6tb Drive. I intend to start getting back into gaming. That was my treat to myself.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

It seems as though you are missing the social aspect the most my suggestion is going to some type of hobby group or sports activity or even some volunteer work so u can feel more social.

1 Like

Yeah your right i am. Im missing human contact at the moment. Probably why i been so chatty on here lately. Aoart from the local shop keeper getting milk and talking to my cat - i havent really seen a soul in days. Ive got my voices CBT tommrow - so at least ill go out for that. Trouble is my social anxiety has come back with a vengance as well - cos usually i would have had a few beers so wouldnt care. I will look into volunteer work - the CMHT has been on at me for ages to do something like that anyway.

Maybe just baby steps like if u do volunteer start with just half an hour 2 times a week somewhere with not many people and work your way up to more. Lately i just sit out front of our house and wave to the people going past i know its not exactly socializing but makes me feel more connected to the world then staying in my room does but i need to get out more too.

2 Likes

Theres loads of charity shops in my town im sure could use some help, and they are only round the corner. I really dont understand why i get so anxious tho, even not with a beer. I wanna go out and see people - but i get scared at the same time. Theres a volunteer website for the area - so i will look into that. Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.