Really bad first night in new house

Really bad nights sleep. Just felt so strange. And we discovered that our bed is too small so we have had to order a new bed but it doesn’t arrive for about 2 weeks.

One of us might have to sleep on the sofa until it gets here.

Aside from that…it’s nice I hope this is my forever home.

I have barely been on the forum in days but I hope your all doing well.

8 Likes

All a bit of getting used to but I’m sure you’ll be fine. Bummer about the bed but these things happen. Good luck and glad you’ve made it into your new abode. Well done on the move!

2 Likes

It’s weird getting used to a new place and new bed. Do you have a sleep PRN you can take the first couple nights? Or even benadryl or melatonin? Just to help you transition and build up your new routine.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re having a rough transition.

I think as more stuff gets put away and sorted around, when things and places come instinctively, instead of having to think about where everything is and how to get there, that this will settle for you.

I’m wishing you some relief! Hope you can enjoy your new home.

3 Likes

Try to relax during the transition.
It’s going to take some time to get used to things.

1 Like

@anon9798425 bought a scented candle today. It helped me relax.

@Ninjastar called up my psych nurse today and asked for a week or two worth of sleeping pills to help me. Hopefully it does cause last time I took sleeping pills it did bugger all.

2 Likes

It is a common feeling to have in a new surrounding. It takes awhile to get used to it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.