Real or no real?

Not real @shellys12.

First of all, they are not random malfunctions. There are specific things happening in different regions of the brain when you hear voices, but no one fully understands why they happen. Your psychiatrist was oversimplifying things. Second, random doesn’t imply they are 50/50 positive and negative. The brain doesn’t work that way. There is not a neat 50/50 distribution of “positive” and “negative” brain circuits. Whether your voices are positive, negative, neutral or any combination of those probably depends on an unspeakable amount of factors. Third, voices are not always negative and evil. For people with mental illness they are usually negative, but they can also be positive and neutral.

We all have bad moments and days, at least I know I do. You’ve helped me and others through theirs, and I hope you feel better, too. Peace be with you!!

2 Likes

Thank you @Gir, sorry @Bunny, I do think you need to go back on a psychiatrist, your voices are not real and you do not have special powers. Anyway, sorry if I made you feel like you’re not welcome here, because you are. Just try to be supportive, please. I freaked out because of that remark.

2 Likes

I think they are real sometimes, but in reality, they are certainly not real. Sorry for using the word real so many times XD. But they certainly are not real. Did it again…

Whoops you did it again

From now on I refuse to let them trick me into thinking they are real

3 Likes

They are not real… I know it’s hard because mine can sound so solid…

It took me a while to come to terms with two ideas…

either they are from the thoughts in my mind or just noise replaying it’s self through my brain.

But either way… they aren’t real.

Good luck and I hope your day gets better