Reading has gotten worse the past two consecutive days

My reading has gotten worse the past two days in a row for some reason. Yesterday, I could read as long as the text wasn’t super long and now, I can barely get past two paragraphs without taking a break. This is really annoying and I’m not sure if I could live with this. My other negative symptoms(Boredom, Anhedonia, and Avolition) got better a day before this so this is relieving. I feel kind of brain dead walking around my apartment after reading and at times I think my brain has been burning. I really don’t think it should be this bad, but this kind of affects me since I’m kind of the book worm type and that I enjoy reading. But the fact that everything went bad two days in a row kind of makes it suspicious. It feels like I have a more serious problem going on. Yesterday, I took some wormroot(artisima annua) and I got some relief(this herb is know to get rid of parasites such as toxoplasmosis, which I kind of suspect that I have), but then all the relief went away when I took a bigger dose. This is so strange! I know and have seen reviews that neurofeedback can help with reading comprehension, but on my last scan, it was rated very good. It was my processing speed that was rated bad(it was in the red out of the red, yellow, and green probability of it being an issue).

My ability to concentrate on things (including reading) waxes and wanes. Some days it’s better than others. I wouldn’t panic.

In other words: Maybe your just having a bad couple days.

1 Like

I wish I could help you, I can’t read books. I can read short articles with visuals like graphs, this forum except for long posts.

1 Like

Maybe, I do feel some better from yesterday from not being able to read as good(I’m not sure where that came from) but I feel worse from having an even worse reading skill today. I’m taking it easy now, and it seems like my brain recovered, so I think I may be doing better

@Aziz Are you able to read when your off medicine? I’m not taking anything, but the effects that I have from taking medicine, at least after a while tend to last for like 6 months. So I’m kind of hanging in there and hoping for the best. It’s unfortunate that you can’t read books, but at least you can read at least some articles and this forum. I’ve read today that 70% of schizophrenics have acquired dyslexia and that 50%(probably including me, including before I had SZ) have a reading level below 8th grade. My vocabulary is good, but my speed wasn’t perfect, at least compared to most people in my level classes.

1 Like

Before sz my reading in school was bad below average, I was always too slow and had to take too much notes and rewriting the whole book basically to understand it and pass the class. I found writing helped my reading comprehension and memorization but its not efficient as its too slow. I was at a disadvantage. But I was always good in math, still good I believe. I think sz decreases language ability but affects less math.

1 Like

Yeah, for neurofeedback, my math rating was good, but my processing speed and attention were rated bad, so hopefully doing some sessions will improve that. But my brain legit feels burned out if I read too much, so I’m going to ask them about that

1 Like

I’m glad that I’m good at the stock market, because that’s been my saving grace. The VA helps too, but I’m trying not to rely on the government because there may not always be compensation. The great depression and ultra conservative policies(even though they support veterans) were/are my main worries.

I think a lot of us struggle with reading or replying to a long wall of text. Using small/medium sized paragraphs is a better way to do things.

1 Like

i can’t read long texts either… books are a no no for me… at least if it’s a story that you need to follow then my memory isn’t good enough to remember what i just read.
Maybe it’ll go away but i don’t know since i never been off my meds so i can’t say if it improves more again

1 Like

@firemonkey I would understand that. It seems to be an extra negative symptoms that some of us have
@lekkerhondje I haven’t checked books yet, and I am semi-afraid to do so. It sucks that you’re memory isn’t good enough to remember what you read.

I got mysteriously, but strangely comfortably sleepy a couple of hours ago. It was initially hard to take a nap because I surprisingly felt a little bit uncomfortable. But nonetheless, I fall asleep. I wake up an hour later, and I have this anxiety that I haven’t felt. I thought I wasn’t going to be able to shake it. Then I went on the computer and it kind of faded away. But nonetheless my reading is EVEN WORSE. Initially, I couldn’t even read more than a sentence. Then somehow I adjusted, and I can read, but it’s pretty slow. I looked at a 45 message thread and it took me 10 minutes(at least) to read. ****, this is insane. This kind of deterioration is something that would land most people in the ER. I’m not sure what I’m going to do, honestly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.