Reading anything good?

I’m a quarter of the way into “I Know This Much Is True” by Wally Lamb. The central characters are twin brothers, one of which has schizophrenia. Where I’m from, Wally Lamb is considered a local author.

4 Likes

Was that made into a movie or tv show? I have vague memories that it was.

1 Like

There’s an HBO miniseries. The cover of my book is a picture of Mark Ruffalo, who plays both the brothers. I might check it out after the book.

Edit: Obviously not the book cover up above. :upside_down_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

That sounds interesting.

I started a book in my language that can be translated as something like “But outside we celebrate!” It is about a famous lady from here who is a very extravagant character in public, life of the party, but had a difficult private life as a kid. She needed to open up in court, thus to the public, to protect the kid of her sister. It made me too sad after only one page, so i put it away.

After putting away the emotionally too difficult book i (ironically) am reading a book called something like “Straight through the dark” and is about depression and acceptance of difficult emotions. Just started.

Not really light and joyous stuff, but. :woman_shrugging:

Saw the trailer. What a beautiful book that must be.

I started that Wally Lamb book but it was too long for me. Interesting plot but too long. Hope you enjoy it though!

I’m reading “Rachel’s Holiday” by Marian Keyes. About woman addicted to cocaine who flies home to Ireland from New York and gets admitted into rehab centre and how she comes clean. It’s a very funny book, I laughed at lot :laughing::laughing::laughing: it’s second time I’m reading it. Reminds me a lot of psych hospital therapy ward I was in.

After that have a few thrillers lined up about hidden relics and conspiracies

I stopped temporarily going to the library…this month I have been short of funds and just didn’t feel like reading this month…I will start back up next month…last book I read was “grapes of wrath” good book.

I’m reading 3 books.

Proof of life by J A Jance
Crossed by Ally Condie
Copper Beech by Maeve Binchy

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.