Read a letter to my pdoc

I wrote a letter to my pdoc because every time I go see her I feel scared to talk to her about my symptoms. I wind up just answering that I’m fine when she asks how I am. Should I read her the letter when I see her? I’m starting to get nervous about it but I really want to get better.I just hate a meds change so much.

4 Likes

You can read it to her yes, that would be great progress…
Think this is a hugh step forward
Well done x

2 Likes

Good idea
She can then know how to treat you
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The letter is a good idea @tera!
Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a great idea to journal your symptoms. Get into the habit of either writing them down when they occur or once at the end of the day for fifteen minutes before bed.

I just hand my journal over to my pdoc at appointments if things have gone down since I last saw him.

3 Likes

Give her the letter and let her read it! If she’s any good then it’ll help you no end!

It’s important to have a good relationship with your psydoc…and what you want to do is a great thing for your treatment.

I talk underwater. I recommend this for those who aren’t as aggressively social…

Let us know how it goes!

1 Like

what do you mean? And thank you for your support

And thanks for all your replies @anon84763962 @Wave @shellys12 @Thanna I’ll try to get my nerve up

1 Like

Brilliant solution to a difficult problem Tera!

1 Like

thank you honey, I feel dumb when I think about reading it to her though, I fell embarrassed, childlike.

1 Like

remember you don’t have to read it out loud if you don’t feel comfortable, you can just give it to her to read.

1 Like

I talk lots. I never have a problem telling my doctor how I’ve been!

1 Like

I did that I had so much to say that I could not get done in 20 minutes. So I dropped of my writing like a couple days before at the office, made arrangements prior with the doc. Helped tremendously, I think it’s a good move for you.

1 Like

That’s cool! I’m glad it helped. I’m excited now, but my letter is short, it’s just the negatives basically. I never thought to complain about them as I’ve been believing I somehow became a lazy person. This site has taught me that those are negative symptoms of sz not laziness. Now I want to tell the pdoc about it because maybe she can help with some of that. Maybe reduce the aps a little or something. Idk but I’m excited to find out.

Yes I used to take some reminder notes.

1 Like