Rather annoyed

I was working a contract through an agency. Basically they said the contract was for two weeks, which went on for a year and a half. But then they had to cut back on staff because they were moving and there was no room and let me go.

So a year later, they have asked me to come back. The first time they asked i could not go back because I was already in another contract. So I had to refuse. It would have been a long contract and I do regret it.

Anyway, they asked me to come back again if i was available and i said yes. But it’s only for 2 weeks. I’m covering for someone who is away.

When I got there i found out the other people they kept on have permanent contracts now. I am so jealous even though they’ve all worked hard for it much deserved.

Anyway i really do hope they extend my contract but how likely is this?

1 Like

They extended it before, so if you do good work they may extend it again. You won’t really know till the 2 weeks is up, or someone tells you they want another 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Good luck with this. I don’t understand but hoping it works out for the best.

1 Like

best wishes on this situation…go for it and hopefully the position will become permanent do the best you can and good luck…hang tough

1 Like

just go with the flow and see what happens .
enjoy working there, and you never know…
take care

1 Like

They gave me until July and increased my hours from part-time to full-time… I’m so happy! :smiley:

3 Likes

Congratulations. I’m happy for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like