Random relapse?

Does anyone here have random relapses even while on medication? I’m just wondering. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with me currently and figured I’d ask.

3 Likes

Do you mean fully relapse or minor symptoms? I never fully relapsed on meds but had minor symptoms on some meds.

1 Like

I typically have breakthrough symptoms on my meds but recently I feel myself spiraling back into psychosis. I can’t see my pdoc until the 22nd but every day I feel closer to needing to go to the ER. I’m becoming more paranoid and I feel like I’m developing a delusion slowly.

3 Likes

Not to mention the suicidal thoughts I’ve been having out of fear of going back into psychosis

2 Likes

If you feel suicidal definitively go to the ER asap

2 Likes

Maybe @Bowens or @rogueone can post suicide chats and they can help you too.

1 Like

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

https://afsp.org/find-support/

More resources:

2 Likes

I had my initial break in 1980. I lived in a group home and the hospital for the first two years of the disease. When I got out of the hospital in 1982 I moved into a nice group home and 9 months later I got a job. In a year the doctors called me stable. But in 1988 I started relapsing, even though I was on medication and took it as prescribed. I had a bad relapse that took me a year to come out of.

3 Likes

I usually relapse when I reduce or stop my meds but I have had instances when I took my meds but stress got to me and I relapsed. Last week and week before I was not doing well, even though I was taking my meds properly. Sometimes stress can cause relapse yes

1 Like