Raloxifene treatment for (mainly) cognitive and negative symptoms

Today I got the result of the 3 months double-blind 120 Raloxifene/Placebo study I was in. As I suspected, I had the real drug.

For me personally it only tackled depressive symptoms in a mildly/medium manner, though it tackled suicidal ideation very effectively (so it basically also improved my quality of life).

Bloodwork study week 1:

Bloodwork study week 12:

I cheated a bit because the “enormous” changes in my Hormone-content already gave it a little away that I had the real drug.
Prolactin decrease
Testosterone increase
Estrogen increase

Unfortunately I didn’t noticed any improvement on positive, negative and cognitive symptoms but my advice to others would be to discuss it with your doc, it might very well help others more effectively on certain symptoms than it did for me (I’m not a professional but my guess women would benefit more from it on especially positive and cognitive symptoms).

The study I was in runs till the end of 2020, however here is a meta-analyses of all the completed study’s so far.

Antipsychotics + Raloxifene augmentation conclusion (so far): it could be quite effective for patients that responds to it.