Qwent the most enjoyable card game

its in open beta… its a very clever card game… it actually the minigame in the witcher 3… I usually don’t play the crap mini games… but this one is addictive and challenging… and its free… you can pay cash to get more cards or earn in game monies by doing challenges and betting against other players and get more cards too…

anyway… im unsure if you can cross platforms to play against each other… but I have an account on the pc and one on the playstation… you can add friends and play against them… it would be fun if I had someone or someones to play with… the specs required to play it on the pc are very low as its just a card game… but its so much fun…

4 Likes

Is it like Magik? My mom, sister and brotherc play that.

2 Likes

its like a streamlined faster version… you don’t have to build up resources and the card effects and buffs are pretty straight forward… you play up to 3 rounds first to win 2 rounds wins the match… you can play a match in less than 10 mins… there is a degree of strategy involved but its fairly easy to pick up on… you can scrap cards to make new ones and buy packs of random cards…

you trying to get a higher power rating than the other person… by amassing your army… you can buff your cards… hurt their cards steal cards… im not explaining this well but its very fun…and the lore is detailed… the mechanics are great…

1 Like

Okay sounds like fun! I will tell my mom about it.

1 Like

oh also if anyone picks it up do the challenges first… it will explain the game and give you rewards… and if anyone wants to play send me a pm and ill give you my in game name so we can do battle…

I’m going to look into this. I love playing Magic, but it’s so expensive to keep up with the new cards. I’m busy tonight, but maybe this weekend!

2 Likes

that’s pretty much why I picked it up… I like playing these types of card games its just like you said expensive and then finding someone to play with is a pain sometimes… this just stream lines the whole process… i guess i need to get practicing lol…

1 Like

Is it different from the one in witcher 3?
That was a very good mini game but I don’t think that it can compete with the ‘big ones’.

basics are the same but they have added upon the mini games foundations to enhance the game… plus you don’t actually have to spend any money to play and enhance your decks and finding people to play with is much easier on the net…

1 Like

Everyone is so obsessed w Gwent!! Lol!! Everyone who plays that game seems to love it but I hated it and never played it again after the first time I think I even lost at the tutorial :joy:

1 Like

i hate the first round… I have problems with the strategy… I usually play too many cards instead of tricking them into playing too many…then im short the next 2 rounds… its aggravating…

oh yea if you sign up on the pc…you get a free card pack and I got the original witcher enhanced edition for free…

qwent update… im decent at it… I win more than I lose… slightly frustrating how slow getting new packs of cards is though…

I played a mod last night… first round was 60-8…we only used 2 cards… I folded the first round but the damage was done…it was all or nothing for the second round… 120- 69… of course I have a starter deck with a maybe 7 cards swapped out for better things… and he had a fully modded deck with the uber cards… I saved the gameplay so I can build a similar deck soon… was very fun…

I do like that after a match you can send a good game gift to the other person and 99% of people win or lose will send it… nobody else is playing this?

1 Like

I dont play any games but I told my Mom about it. I will ask her if shes tried it.

2 Likes

Why don’t you play together? :slight_smile: