Schizophrenia.com

"Quitting"

Thanks so much @Raven! Yes it really is. I started smoking back in 2007 and quit for about 1.5 years starting with the patch… Want to quit for good now.

I quit using the gum 3 years ago, still on it.

I tried quitting so many times but everytime I do, I start hallucinating. Never works out for me.

Hopefully it works for you @Schztuna !

1 Like

Same here I use the lozenges. So far they are working but the morning is still the toughest

1 Like

I smoke 4-6 cigs a day so I am happy with that. My pdoc agrees with me. Maybe one time in the future I’ll quit. Probably not.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mr.Dre! Gum seems like it would help with quitting, especially because the chewing would give some sort of action to be doing instead of smoking. Will look into it!

1 Like

@FatMama That’s an okay amount for sure- I would be happy to only smoke that little each day.

2 Likes

No problem ! The gum can cause stomach problems if used incorrectly. Lozenges are best for newbies to NRTs because they dissolve when finished.

2 Likes

I have a go to quit every morning i get up. This way i know what doesn’t work. Tomorrow i going to delay. I take a shower instead of a cigarette. I will go from delaying activities to another.

1 Like

That’s a pretty interesting idea @Dunno2- could definitely be a good strategy to try.

I run out of tobacco yesterday, so I tried to quit. This morning I woke up with an heavy urge to smoke, I couldn’t resist so I have gone to buy tobacco. I’m back on it. I still can’t replace smoking with something more healthy or productive that keeps me busy all day. I will try in the future to quit. Because I alaways try to quit. Kind of not willing to quit, it’s just like a little brain fart that comes sometimes.

1 Like

I’ve tried quitting several times! Been smoking for over 10 years. I honestly don’t think I ever will stop

1 Like

@Vuldarz You tried to quit so that’s a start. I think it depends on overall mindset- basically, how fed up a person is with smoking. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do :+1:

@Longhorn21 I hear ya! It is a nasty habit to kick, especially 10 years in that’s for sure. Good luck with quitting if that’s what you decide to do :+1:!

1 Like

I managed to switch to the vape 4 years ago and then quit for good (other then an occasional puff from my friends vape or a cigar) since last August.

1 Like

@Gratitude Congrats on quitting! That’s a pretty good stretch of time too :+1:

1 Like

I could not quit. But at last I am quit. My General Practitioner helped.

1 Like

I’ve been smoke free since Feb of 2018. It can be done even with a diagnoses like this.

1 Like

@jassy22 Congrats, and you are totally right!

1 Like

I invested my paycheck on nicotininhalers. When they come in the post i start.

1 Like

Hope they will work for you @Dunno2!