"Quitting"

Smoking stinks… Been wanting to quit for a while now.

26 Likes

I couldn’t quit so I switched to vaping an ecig instead.

2 Likes

I switched to a vape too, and slowly worked my way down to low nicotine levels. Still want to quit too.

Nice art!

2 Likes

Vaping seems like a good switch for sure. Thinking about finally trying the patches I bought about two months ago, lol.

3 Likes

Vaping might be where it’s at, sounds like a good trade-off! Thanks!

2 Likes

I gotta try to quit too:( don’t want my nieces and nephews to see me smoking

2 Likes

I quit a few years ago.

3 Likes

Yea I hear you, it’s not such a good look when there’s little ones around

2 Likes

good luck.

when I was on the ward, they gave me the patch

got home and Medicare didn’t cover it.

1 Like

That is excellent! Did you use anything to help you?

Ugh that stinks. Medicare is a funny thing. I have a Health Savings Account from an old job and it doesn’t cover anything smoking cessation-related… go figure :upside_down_face:!

2 Likes

I quit cold turkey years ago.
You can do this @Schztuna

3 Likes

Wow that is awesome @Wave! The motivation is there, just have to put it into action now :+1:

2 Likes

It’ll be five years since I smoked in a few days. I’ve saved a lot of money.

4 Likes

Congrats @Jayster! Saving money is always a plus :+1:

1 Like

Cool drawing!

I somehow stopped smoking a year ago on accident by switching to wellbutrin for my antidepressant. All of a sudden I just didnt feel like smoking anymore, it was weird because I was definitely addicted

1 Like

I tried to stop many times. I tried mouth spray, patches and nicorette gum. Finally I tried Zyban and I was able to quit on 31 May 2007.

So I’m smoke free for 12 years now. I did smoke for 18 years. Sometimes 2 packs of 20 a day when I drank.

3 Likes

Love the artwork yes nicotine is hard to quit.

1 Like

Thanks @zwolfgang!

Glad you were able to quit with Welbutrin- funny how that came about by accident too! Tried Welbutrin and my symptoms came back full-force unfortunately :grimacing:

1 Like

@Fellowman Congrats on quitting- 12 years smoke-free is a big accomplishment!

It seems Zyban is the South African brand for Welbutrin, which I’ve tried. It made my auditory hallucinations and anxiety really bad so I had to stop after two days. It seems to work for a lot of folks though, glad it worked for you.

1 Like