Quitting Invega Pill form

I got hospitalized after trying to get off prescribed benzos and was given a cocktail of medications. I got off the zyprexa and the bi polar stuff the day I got out but I chose to stay on invega pill form. I ended up getting back on the ativan as well. I can’t do life on the invega anymore complete zombie and zero pleasure. I quit the invega 2 days ago and my body is getting constant goosebumps. I feel great but the only thing that keeps worrying me is going back into psychosis. I quit caffeine as well which I think was the biggest problem I was drinking up to four monsters a day. I’m just wondering what to expect in the upcoming days getting of the invega 6 mg pill. I’m currently just taking the ativan to keep the anxiety away.

Does your doctor agreed on this? Does he/she knows?

We’ve talked about it she currently lowered my dose to 3 mg invega. The doctor doesn’t listen and doesn’t even know my case because she’s overloaded at a human services center. I’ve asked numerous times for rehab and they tell me to go to the local drug and alcohol center.m

I want to be under medical supervision while doing this. It seems not to be an option because I’m not abusing the prescribed drugs and the insurance won’t cover

I’m sorry to hear that

I had no problem getting off the zyprexa and mood stabilizer I was just super dizzy over a weekend. Quitting the invega though feels somewhat amazing at this point. Complete life coming back… it’s just the fear of not being in control in a few days is what’s scaring me… worst case scenario I take one when I wake up… but I’m dying to be clean. I’ve only been on the invega about a year.

Me too. So you will be off antipsychotics? Maybe talk with your doc to change meds… :thinking:

Have you been on Abilify? It is a good antipsychotic

I want to be completely clean. I’m tired of the weight gain having to supplement mass amounts of caffeine just to get over the flu like symptoms I have from antipsychotics. I feel great right now I just am waiting to see what happens with work. I’m bringing my pills just in case.

Ok, your choice man. I hope things will work for you

Bro don’t go cold turkey it can make things 100 times worse a lot of drugs require you to taper off to avoid withdrawals and other nastiness. Listen to your doctor.

2 Likes

I agree with @Noise.

1 Like